Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

tried to cope

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
havent been on here for a while, been trying to cope with everything by myself but feel lost at the moment so came back here looking for help, i guess. its all changed so its made me a more confused!!
feel like a stranger again though i dont know its all a bit weird.
i'm proud to say i managed to stop self harming for a while but the urges have been returning and its harder to ignore them

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    havent been on here for a while, been trying to cope with everything by myself but feel lost at the moment so came back here looking for help, i guess. its all changed so its made me a more confused!!
    feel like a stranger again though i dont know its all a bit weird.
    i'm proud to say i managed to stop self harming for a while but the urges have been returning and its harder to ignore them

hey,

that's great that you haven't self-harmed in a while. Do you know the reason as to why you are feeling like this? is there anything that has helped in the past to get you through this hard time?

I wouldn't worry posting on here, we're all here to listen and support one-another.

take care,

BB x
    i just feel really up & down all the time. i can have a nice day with friends and by the end of the night feel like cutting again :-/
    had an appointment with a counsellor at the beginning of the week as well which was AWFUL :-(
    Hi,
    This is my first post on this website and I came looking to see if anyone could help me out. I'm 16, and I feel like I have the same problem as you. I've been on and off self harming for a few years now and I can't seem to get out of the cycle. But when I do stop, it feels great. Hold onto the thought that you ARE going to get better and I'm sure you'll get there soon.

x
    967356 wrote: »
    Hi,
    This is my first post on this website and I came looking to see if anyone could help me out. I'm 16, and I feel like I have the same problem as you. I've been on and off self harming for a few years now and I can't seem to get out of the cycle. But when I do stop, it feels great. Hold onto the thought that you ARE going to get better and I'm sure you'll get there soon.

x

hey, thank-you for the message of support & welcome to the site. i feel like a new one aswell, its been a while since i posted on here!
    feel free to private message me if you ever need to talk
    people on here are really helpful so you've come to the right place
    :-) x
    i just feel really up & down all the time. i can have a nice day with friends and by the end of the night feel like cutting again :-/
    had an appointment with a counsellor at the beginning of the week as well which was AWFUL :-(

What do you think when you feel like self-harming? is there anything going on for you at the moment- stress, berevement,etc?
    is there anything setting off those feelings?

Why was your appointment with the councellor awful
    What do you think when you feel like self-harming? is there anything going on for you at the moment- stress, berevement,etc?
    is there anything setting off those feelings?

Why was your appointment with the councellor awful

i feel like i cant conrol my thoughts & self harming will calm me down & i can see what i've done to myself if i can see cuts. they remind me i can keep going and not give up. but then other times i get angry for thinking about self harming.
    i feel a bit stressed at the moment but i have done for months really, nothing major has happend :-/
    & it was the same councellor i saw in the past & it was just awkward. i didnt feel like it helped me last time & therefore i dont feel like it will do anything this time. i dont know if i want to see the same person :-/
    967356 wrote: »
    Hi,

x

Hi 967356

Welcome to TheSite.org. Hope you are doing ok. If you want some support for self harming, or would like to talk a bit more about your concerns, do feel free to start a new thread as well. Do you know how to do this?

TheSite.org has a good section on self harm too.

hidingbehindasmile - sometimes people just don't click with their counsellor - it's such a close and specific type of relationship after all. Often people have to see two or more before they find someone they can work with. If it felt awkward or unhelpful, its fine to say something and explain that you'd like to try with a different counsellor if possible.

Fostress
    i'm scared to even say that i dont feel its working :-/ it fills me with fear when i think about having to go to my next appointment :-(!
    it fills me with fear when i think about having to go to my next appointment :-(!

That's not what the sessions are for - filling you with fear! They should be about supporting you and exploring how you are feeling and coping. It is your right as the recipient of a service to say that you're not entirely happy wth it. It happens a lot in counselling, like Fostress says - your counselling relationshp is like any other, and sometimes you may not click. Particularly if you were counselled by them before and it wasn't a great experience for you. If you feel scared saying it, perhaps you could write it down? Let us know how you get on. Take care :)
    Harry23 wrote: »
    That's not what the sessions are for - filling you with fear! They should be about supporting you and exploring how you are feeling and coping. It is your right as the recipient of a service to say that you're not entirely happy wth it. It happens a lot in counselling, like Fostress says - your counselling relationshp is like any other, and sometimes you may not click. Particularly if you were counselled by them before and it wasn't a great experience for you. If you feel scared saying it, perhaps you could write it down? Let us know how you get on. Take care :)

i'm trying to find the courage to tell someone how i feel, maybe i'll get there. maybe i won't. part of me foesnt want to go back to another session because i dont feel ready. it took me a lot of courage to ask for help & its taken so long to get it that its messed up a lot of things.

i feel like i am going to fall back into s/h after trying so hard for so long to not cut. ive started scratching at my skin when im trying to fall asleep, i just feel on edge...