Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

advice bout paranoid or anxious feelings?

Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
i dunno if this is something i can post on here but i was just wondering if anyone had any tips to help me deal with/ get rid of anxious or paranoid feelings.
i'm sorry this is a bit vague but i dont exactly know whats happening all i know is im getting very very scared and its doing my head in
thanks muchly
x

Comments

• Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Hey Annaarrr,
    Of course, you can definitely post about this kind of thing here :)
    Sorry to hear you're feeling anxious and paranoid. Have you seen the information on TheSite about both of these feelings? There's a section about anxiety and stress and an article about paranoia, both might be useful.
    Usually both paranoia and anxiety are caused by something that is causing you stress or worry in your life. How is everything at the moment? is there anything in particular that you think could be causing you to feel this way?
    You mentioned that you are getting very scared by this, so it sounds as though it is affecting you a lot and in quite a serious way. You might therefore, want to consider talking to someone about it or get some help. Have you spoken to anyone about how you're feeling yet?
    This article has some great tips for making yourself feel better such as doing some excercise, relaxation etc. but you might also want to think about seeing your GP or talking to someone else whose close to you? Do you already see a counsellor? if not, then that might be a good idea.
    If you want to speak to someone straight away then you could call Sane. Do also come to chat, which is on Monday evening and keep posting.
    LauraO
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's hard to comment without knowing exactly what your anxiety and paranoia is concerning or how it manifests itself.

My own anxiety period, which was a good couple of years, was to do with health and any paranoia I experienced was purely about my health. The anxiety took hold very quickly, starting as minor concerns about a minor issue and quickly becoming major concerns about a possible life altering issue. The concerns were greatly exacerbated by trying to self diagnose, and by reading too much MISinformation on the internet rather than trusting in medical advice.

The end result was that I had two years of constant dizziness, nausea and panic attacks which reduced my eating to a ridiculous minimum, my sleeping likewise, and kept me off work for ages. I had more medical consultations than I can even remember and ingested so much medication of one sort or another that I'm surprised my organs still function. I have ended up with a couple of chronic annoyances as a result that I need to take further medication for.

It was a very frightening and lonely period of my life, so I can certainly relate to the fear element. Before anxiety permeated my mind I was never particularly concerned about health. I rarely ever got anything more than a cold and it would be unusual for me to see a doctor more than once in a year if that. I was by no means a hypochondriac, that's for sure. Anxiety came on the back of living a high stress lifestyle and on the back of suppressing too many emotional events over too long a period of time. It only took one small crack in my defences for all the pressure to break through, and I went from fine to practically disabled in a period of weeks.

It took a LOT of encouragement from doctors to get me back to rights, as well as trial and error with medications.

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that in there as a bit of personal experience. It could well be a million miles away from what you are experiencing, so if you'd like to share more then I'm sure people could give you more thoughts.
  • Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    yeah i read through those before writing on here, i still dont know exactly what it is.
    the thing is its not really things that are happening in my life that come and scare me so i dont know how things in my life could be affecting it..
    i have spoken to the school nurse once about it as i have weekly meetings with her, but she didnt seem too concerned by it, just told me to keep an eye on it.
    i talk to a few people when i get scared and have my little 'moments'. im starting up counselling soon, would it be worth asking about it?
    cheers x
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Annaarrr!! wrote: »
    im starting up counselling soon, would it be worth asking about it?

Yes, I think it's definitely worth mentioning to your counsellor. Share as much as you can and feel comfortable with. It's great to hear that yu are speaking to the right people at the right times. well done Annaarrr. Take care :)