Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

It Saddens Me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, this post is a something and nothing post I guess, but I just wanted to offload.

I have my fair share of issues and I've had depression the best part of my life (diagnosed, rather than my own assessment). So I have things to deal with, cope with, etc. However, I hate to see other people feeling low, feeling alone, feeling sad, feeling helpless, being ignored. It just makes the world seem that much more of a lonely place and I feel compelled to be doing something. I've tried countless times to help people and I've taken a good few kicks along the way but I don't regret it. It's something good that I can do, something valid. Perhaps in a way it makes up for the things I can't do, or the things I shouldn't have done, I don't know.

Sometimes I think that the only thing of any merit than I can do with my life is to make a few people feel better about themselves. It truly matters to me. I don't feel I contribute much of anything else. I'm not even sure I exist half the time to be quite honest. Anyhow, back to the point. If I had one wish it would be that all the people who are feeling empty, lost and alone today could have just one day of feeling in control. One day of being able to appreciate simple things without being crushed by huge things. One day of being able to sleep properly, being able to enjoy eating a good meal without suffering for doing so. One day of not being neglected, harrassed, abused or generally stepped upon by people or by life.

I hope this doesn't all sound too 'we are the world' or too self indulgent. I'm just tired of people hurting when so much could be done without much effort being expended at all.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oh no u ok i konw how u feel u get whate ever u want off of your chest. have u tried talking to someone about how u have been feeling lately sounds bad if u need to talk im here
    Aw, you're sweet.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Aww, bless.
    When I read this, I felt it could easily have been me who wrote it. One day of being free from it all would be fantastic :-)