Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Rip/tear in vagina

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How long do they usually take to heal? Will it actually ever heal properly or will there always be a slight tear there?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The only reason skin would not heal would be if it is not allowed to heal. Considering the amount of bloodflow to that particular area the healing should be quite quick comparitively I would have thought, as long as further stress isn't put on the area during healing. Of course it will depend on the size and severity of the tear/rip, but a couple of weeks tops I would have thought, and most likely a fair bit quicker. In my experience, cuts or abrasions to the genitals tend to heal in a matter of days to a week.

I'm not an expert, I'll say that before anyone leaps on my advice. I am quite happy to be contradicted.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks guys, it is only a small one, about 1cm long and there was only a tiny dab of blood and it hasnt been hurting. Im not expecting any more sex within the next few days/weeks so hopefully it will heal up just fine. I'd just be worried about it splitting again next time