Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Welcome to the new look discussion boards!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it's very square o_O
    Ooh fancy. I am currently wary, as I am old and dislike change. But I reckon I'll get used to it. :razz:

Noticed a glitch though: when you try to view somebody's posts, you can now only see posts they have made since the change.
    jamelia wrote: »
    Noticed a glitch though: when you try to view somebody's posts, you can now only see posts they have made since the change.

Yep, we spotted this too and we're on the case! We need to re-idnex the search post upgrade :)
  • patrick*gringo*patrick*gringo* Posts: 147 Helping Hand
    This might be a change in design and not a bug: There's no list with currently logged-in users at the bottom, it just says "array".

Just a quick one - we've updated all the templates and fixed the bug in the code- this should be fixed now
    Is it just me, or are Usernames coming up in a small font?
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Scary!
    Am sure I'll get used to it though...
    I very much approve of Vision in Violet :D

Oooh but the :D face is yellow! Weeeeeeird. And some of them are different! Omg :o
    i like the mobile version but when you are viewing a thread there isn't anywhere to click to get back to the index or the forum you were viewing.

it's great that there is a more phone-friendly option now though :thumb:

I've found that too.
    :o - What the...the best smiley is gone?! The little red face...gone...

:mad:
    I very much approve of Vision in Violet :D

Oooh but the :D face is yellow! Weeeeeeird. And some of them are different! Omg :o

:yes:
    Another small problem. When logging in it takes me back to the frontpage as though I'm not logged in, but then when I click on to any thread I am logged in. I'm using the most recent version of Opera.
    Also, searching for a user's posts only brings up posts made since the upgrade.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Also, searching for a user's posts only brings up posts made since the upgrade.

Yep, aware of that one, we still have an indexing issue with search, but on the case. :)
    I was having odd issues where I seemed to be logged out on the index page, but noticed that's because you've moved to .org instead of .org.uk
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I noticed something missing that's important for the way I used to use the boards:
    There is no "Go to the first unread post" at the top of each thread!
    Mist wrote: »
    I was having odd issues where I seemed to be logged out on the index page, but noticed that's because you've moved to .org instead of .org.uk

I have always used .org
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I noticed something missing that's important for the way I used to use the boards:
    There is no "Go to the first unread post" at the top of each thread!
    I was wrong about this, the link is there. But in the style I use (skiver wide) it's black letters on dark blue background and therefore difficult to see.
    I was wrong about this, the link is there. But in the style I use (skiver wide) it's black letters on dark blue background and therefore difficult to see

Hi Indrid - we'll add this to the list of style tweaks to make asap :yes:

Hi Mist - our official domain is thesite.org and the subdomain for the Boards vbulletin.thesite.org. We also own the domain thesite.org.uk - it's possible that something changed in terms of how the subdomain vbulletin.thesite.org.uk is configured. We can check this out with our Systems colleagues :chin:
    What the...the best smiley is gone?! The little red face...gone...

Infinite Part Deux - this is an oversight - we'll get on the case on this :)
    When logging in it takes me back to the frontpage as though I'm not logged in, but then when I click on to any thread I am logged in. I'm using the most recent version of Opera.

Arctic Roll we'll continue testing with Opera and see if we have a bug fix for this.
    i like the mobile version but when you are viewing a thread there isn't anywhere to click to get back to the index or the forum you were viewing.

omg hi - yep this seems like something that's been missed out of this mobile style - at the mo the only way is to click on thesite.org logo in the top left to go back to forum home. But that aint ideal. We're looking at other mobile styles though - so hope to have alternatives soon.

Slartibartfast - think this is something we can change in an upcoming tweak of the styles. Be interested to know what others think about this though.
    searching for a user's posts only brings up posts made since the upgrade.

Arctic Roll - we're currently looking into why the re-indexing isn't working as it did in our tests. We're keep you posted on our progress on this.
    little green online light seems abit small

GoodFella - we've noted this. Something we can change if other's agree.
    So slow, is it meant to be like that?

**CupCake** let us know if it continues to be slow - let us what browser you're using and what bit of the Boards you're looking at - or if there's particular functionality which is particularly slow. Certainly not meant to be slow :)
    links don't look like links.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I like the old logo next to the URL, as lodes of sites have this logo
    This may be a huge coincidence but there seems to have been a ridiculous amount of spam post upgrade.
    katralla wrote: »

This and it's really annoying.
    This may be a huge coincidence but there seems to have been a ridiculous amount of spam post upgrade.

yeahhh :| i thought maybe an upgrade of the boards might reduce spam but theres more than ever.

katralla - agreed this is something that we're going to change asap - all links within posts will be underlined.
    I like the old logo next to the URL, as lodes of sites have this logo

The tiny logo next to the URL (the favicon) needs replacing- we'll put this on the todo list :)
    This may be a huge coincidence but there seems to have been a ridiculous amount of spam post upgrade

Infinite Part Deux - spam levels have been really high for sure. This is one of the things that it was really difficult to test for before we went live with the upgrade (test spam is not quite the same :d).

As always it's a fine balance between creating systems that make it harder for the spammers, but don't stop the Boards being easy to use for everyone else. We'll be doing our best, in the coming days, to find that balance. Please bear with us :) Thanks again to Anti-Spam and all the spam fighting crew- that includes all of you who report posts. This is really appreciated! :thumb:
    Can someone please explain the following to me:

According to a thread in waste time, I was on the second to last page. I clicked on the final page number and it took me to where I was previously?
    It looks the same, what has changed?
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I want the old one back, I told you I hate this look :crying:
    Calvin wrote: »
    It looks the same, what has changed?

The smilies are different and we have a nominate button for POTW.
    Melian wrote: »
    Can someone please explain the following to me:

According to a thread in waste time, I was on the second to last page. I clicked on the final page number and it took me to where I was previously?

It's doing that with me too.

[For example here it says there are five pages but when you click page five you get page four (and if you click page four you get page four).]

It's very annoying!
This discussion has been closed.