Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Boots or shoes with Denim shorts?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My super duper big sister treated to me these which i had been thinking about for ages but was'nt sure i would wear them.

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=2314155&langId=-1&categoryId=&searchTerm=SHORTS&pageSize=20

So now i have them and i am still not sure i have the confidence to wear them but i dont really know what to put on my feet, i have teamed them up with black tights a white vest and a checked shirt which i think looks ok but all i really have for my feet that would go with the look are black converse type pumps which i seem to live in. I have some big combat style boots do you think they would look ok with the laces undone?

I seem to be useless at putting a look together and i always end up playing it safe so as not to draw attention so any opinions welcome as i am fed up blending in :yes:

Comments

• Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    I have some big combat style boots do you think they would look ok with the laces undone?

I seem to be useless at putting a look together and i always end up playing it safe so as not to draw attention so any opinions welcome as i am fed up blending in :yes:

I wear shorts and miniskirts with half-laced Doc Martens all through summer. I've been told it's quite dykey, though, if that would bother you.
  • Options
    i wear denim shorts and tights all the time, i used to wear them with my lace up boots but i felt like i looked a bit butch! so now i wear ballet pumps or low top converse :]
  • Options
    i used to wear them with my lace up boots but i felt like i looked a bit butch!

It's not just me then!
  • Options
    I've worn lace up military style boots with loads of things and have never felt butch.
  • Options
    *Lea* wrote: »
    I've worn lace up military style boots with loads of things and have never felt butch.

i wear them with dresses all the time, i meant when i wear them with shorts :]
  • Options
    i prefer the butch look, but id wear shorts with big military boots/docs, or if it was really hot, then id just wear sandals
  • Options
    I have these i wear with black thick tights and brogues or loafers :d x
  • Options
    How about some wedges? maybe something like this http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/shoes/woven-wedge-sandals_218245314
  • Options
    These or something like them are a good option (I think someone already mentioned Converse lo-tops.

Toms Shoes aren't cheap but my last pair lasted years (until a particularly vicious rain storm - they were canvas and leather :( ) and feel like slippers, they're lovely to walk in.
  • Options
    I love those Toms.
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies, i think the combat boots with the laces undone is the look im going for :d

Hopefully if the sun keps shining i can ditch the tights and go with sandals.
  • Options
    I'd wear either the pumps or the boots- both would be fine with denim shorts. I need me a pair for this summer.