Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Romania= dances/music/food

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
what kind of information can anyone give me upon the following for Romania: what kind of food do they eat; what kind of music do they have and traditional music; and what kind of dances do they have? As always, much obligated if anyone can help me and my partner for Mosiac. :)
*B.K*
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Do some searching on Google, its very easy.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Do some searching on Google, its very easy.

hey, I just wanted to point out that 'search google' could be the response to absolutely any thread on TheSite.org and it comes across as a little bit patronising. There are a few things to bear in mind...

1. Not everyone finds internet research easy.
    2. Sometimes the websites that come up in the top lists of results are really naff, so it's good to get some recommendations.
    3. If anyone has actually been to Romania or has any anecdotal knowledge of it, then it will probably be more interesting to hear...

Anyhow shy_devil_girl, for top line info this site looks OK - http://www.everyculture.com/No-Sa/Romania.html

There does seem to be a fair bit of info on wikipedia too...
  • Options
    Heyyy I've been to Romania but not really sure how much I can help. And all this is based on my experience staying with one family in one city in Romania....

From my experience, their food is quite different to here in the UK... The meals I had were all different to what I usually have here, but then it could have just been the family cooked traditional meals because I was a visitor. One of my friends lived off chicken and chips when she was there! I've had a read of Helen's link, and reckon that is a good place to start. Check out cozonac also. Generally, cabbage, chicken and stews/soups seem quite common.

As for the dance - the one I did at this orphanage was one with lots of stamping, holding hands and changing direction. I've tried to look for a video but can't find one. Although this is what I'm talking about.

Not really sure about traditional music... for popular music, quite a lot of the artists sing in English like other places in Europe I guess. This song was big when I was there and if you listen to the lyrics, some of them really don't make sense :P

If you have any more questions that I *might* be able to help with, just let me know.
  • Options
    as i might add with helen, google doesnt understand what im trying to research. but i was wondering if anyone would tell me how the courtship works in romania? its part of my research. much obligated
    B.K <3
  • Options
    Have you looked on the internet or read any books about the courtship?
  • Options
    It's not the sort of thing people are likely to know off the top of their heads - don't you have a reading list?
  • Options
    How is other people giving you the answers going to help you? You need to learn this yourself.
  • Options
    as a matter of fact, i do not have any reading things and i have nothing to work with because we are supossed to find this stuff on the internet and google as ive said before doesnt like me and wont show me what im trying to find out.
    dont be stingy, just let me know if you or anybody else know anything about romania, dont partonize me, just tell me what you know. im here for answers, not a lecure on how to find things on the internet and that i should find this crap by myslef. please if anybody knows anything about the arts, just let me know.
    as always, much obligated, :yippe:
  • Options
    There should be books in your school / local library.

Giving you the answer won't help you at all. You need to find out this stuff for yourself.
  • Options
    What does it matter if she finds it in a book or by asking in a forum?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Melian wrote: »
    Giving you the answer won't help you at all. You need to find out this stuff for yourself.

If somebody on here has been then that is going to be useful.

Never been myself. Would like to. met a romanian down the local pub once, had come over here to buy a car and drive it back. He had nowhere to stay so let him crash at mine. Absolutely covered in tattoos and could neck so,e serious vodka. He said in romania everybody has a gun, when I asked him why he said it was for the gypsies. slept with one eye open that night.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »

Surely asking people questions counts as finding out stuff for herself? Or do you think she's just going to copy and paste everything we say without even looking at it?
  • Options
    of course id look at it 1st! plus i have to write it out, i cant copy and paste it onto a piece of paper can i? lol please, im finding it out by asking you guys, just please let me know these things.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote: »
    What does it matter if she finds it in a book or by asking in a forum?

exactly.
  • Options
    I'm really sorry, I think the honest answer is that we don't really know; this thread has been going a while and no one's come forward...
  • Options
    I came forward *shrugs*
  • Options
    I came forward *shrugs*

Sorry. I didn't re-read it I just assumed since she was still asking!
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Sorry. I didn't re-read it I just assumed since she was still asking!

Maybe she is :chin: SDG - sorry I couldn't have been more help
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Maybe she is :chin: SDG - sorry I couldn't have been more help

You were REALLY helpful :)