Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How to get the buzz back...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I remember when I first got together with my boyfriend, I'd get that buzzy feeling, and I felt like everything was exciting and fun, and the sex was out of this world.

Now, 2 years on, we're still very much in love, but we've found ourselves in the middle of the "comfy" zone, you know, don't really make an effort asides big occasions, most nights together we spend at home watching films and cooking (which is lovely, but not exactly riveting!), and we rarely get a romantic moment...He's very caring of me, but sometimes a little too much, its lovely, but sometimes I feel like he treats me like a china doll, which all considering what I've been through in previous relationships is understandable, but I'd love a bit of rough and tumble now and again!

We've been in a long distance relationship for the whole of the 2 years, and after next week I'll be less than an hour away from him, and we're intending on spending more time together, and hopefully less exhausted everytime we see each other...but I'm wondering what we could do to get that buzz back a bit? In relationship terms more than just sexually, because thats something else i've talked about in another post...

Thanks!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Set up a date night every weekend/week? You could take it in turns to choose a date and romance the other one - and if you want to inject a bit of rough and tumble you could take him paintballing or to a wrestling class... or go wild swimming and start a playfight?

My ex and I once went on a date and pretended we were right back at the start of our relationship. He asked me out via text, didn't come home from work that evening and picked me up at 8 with some flowers. It felt a little bit silly but at the same time I found myself with butterflies in my tummy as I was getting ready - just like old times!
    Pick a fight with him and in the middle of the argument suggest some sexy "choke play". That should put the edge back on things.
    Pick a fight with him and in the middle of the argument suggest some sexy "choke play". That should put the edge back on things.

Yes, this. Some backhand slap play or throwing stuff at each other play usually brings me back from boringville. Not to mention the passive aggressive setting the others personal belongings on fire play. Gives the relationship some new spice.
    when I suggested new spice I was thinking more sexy undies than cayenne pepper down the japs eye...

anything else a little more...conducive to having a healthy relationship?
    if youre very much in love, then i dont see the problem. You cant put off the comfy zone indefinitely. The only way to do that is to just get a new partner every couple of years. There comes a point when it is comfortable, and you do know pretty much everything about your partner, so there just isnt that excitement of getting to know someone and them being all new and fresh. The buzz does get less, but if you do actually love him, and youre ready to be settled down, then it shouldnt be too much of a problem.
    Im not saying the spice completely goes, but you do have to work at it more to keep things fresh and fun.
    Im not sure about suggestions, because everyone likes different things.
    Maybe a holiday, or having dates together?
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    when I suggested new spice I was thinking more sexy undies than cayenne pepper down the japs eye...

:D

Have yourself a POTW nomination for this.
    I think I have inadvertantly provided a bit of a push out of the rut we were in. I've only been living half an hour down the road from him since Sunday, but already we've seen each other twice, and things are feeling really good. I wonder if it was more about me feeling secure about my situation, rather us as a unit... I know its early days but its kind like falling in love again, without having even fallen out of love in the first place... :D
    aww thats great :)