Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

That B.O. Shirt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anybody else have a specific shirt that somehow manages to give them B.O.?

I have a wonderful red shirt that looks great on me, but for some reason, I get B.O. under my right arm when I wear it. I'm a very clean person and I don't normally get B.O.... I'm very active and even then I don't get it!

Do you think that bacteria has stayed in the fabric?

How can I stop it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What temperature do you wash your clothes at? Does it dry properly and quickly?
    i would try sprinkling bicarbonate of soda on the area and leaving it for a few hours, or soaking it in a strong bicarb solution
    I froze a pair of trainers I'd been wearing throughout summer a couple of years back without socks and it worked a treat. Freezing would work on clothes too I'd imagine.

No guarantees it won't ruin your shirt totally though, but if it's really honking like my trainers were then I'd suggest going for it.
    Yea i get this on tops that are usually puffed sleeves or sit off the shoulder, tis annoying
    Yes :(.

Usually with your average plain t-shirt, and usually ones that actually fit properly, are long enough, and look quite good. :grump:.
    It may be the material polyester and silky kinda fabrics can hold odours don't blooming know why thou its a pain!!! x
    I made a thread about this a while back. Might be some useful tips in there for you!

I still haven't sorted out my stinky t-shirts, I just stopped wearing them :(
    This will help for sure.

I have had the same issues with all my shirts. I tried vinegar, baking soda, etc. Then one day I was looking through the medicine cabinet and a brilliant idea. I need to kill bacteria that had formed on my shirt while sitting in the dirty close basket, so I grab the one thing that almost everyone has in their cabinet: Rubbing alcohol. I squirted some on both armpits of my shirt that was turned inside out, gave it a little rub and washed like normal, dried like normal and shazaam, clean smelling and no B.O. smell. I now do this to my shirts about every other time I wash them. I also have started used hand sanitizer on my underarms before applying deodorant it has been working. I know this works, SO DO IT. It will not ruin the color of your shirts either. Good Luck.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hi bear_frank,

Welcome to the boards and thanks for posting :)

Seeing as it's your first time around here, it might be worth visiting our Welcome Centre. In particular, take a look at our Good Manners Guide, which should give you an idea of how things work.

Generally, we try and avoid posting in old threads, as often the original poster isn't around any more, or the issues has been resolved.

It's been a couple of years since the last post in this one, so I'm closing it now. Feel free to start a new one though!

JPick
    mod
This discussion has been closed.