Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Being lied to and friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is getting bloody ridiculous now:

I made a thread a few weeks ago asking for some advice regarding social situations and only knowing one person in the circle. They were planning on going out this Thursday for his birthday and I got asked if I wanted to come. I was advised to bring a friend so that I had other people to talk to.

I spoke to a male friend of mine and asked him if he would like to come. He said yes he would like to see me again. (We've not seen each other for over a year)

Anyway, a week or two before, he asked me what is it like to wear heels and explained that he's going to some sort of party dressed as a female. I just laughed it off. He said at some point after this party that he quite enjoyed wearing heels.

We talked again and he said would I have any issues with him coming out with me with him wearing his heels. I said it was ok - at this point, I really wasn't sure about this.

He started over the last week being clingy and I couldn't sign on to Facebook without him wanting to talk to me all the time. I told him today that I thought he was being clingy. He told me to stop being so over sensitive, the stuff about the boots was a joke, he's not even in the UK, therefore, can't come on Thursday and that he's not being clingy.

He claims that this friendship is genuine - yet, all he's done is lie to me and become far too clingy for my liking.

Apparently, he's blocked and deleted me on Facebook - fine. So I've emailed him and he's told me to chill and that he's sorry.

I'm not sure what I'm asking for here or what I do now. I thought that real friends didn't lie like this to each other.

Comments

• Options
    not a real friend, sounds weird, ditch them.
  • Options
    That's what I was thinking too, thanks.
  • Options
    What a very unpleasent friend, definetly ditch him, or go in to ignoring him! You deserve better! *hug* x
  • Options
    Oh FFS:

He claimed this was all a joke and not a lie. Yeah, so how many people would jokingly tell their friends that they'll come out with them, when they're not even in the same country now? It was a good thing that I hadn't planned on just going up there to meet him.

I've told it's over now. he wants to be civil; but I can't be bothered with someone who has messed me about like this.