Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fair weather friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do you know which friends are real? bc every friend I ever had (at work/school) are fair weather. They talk to me until ONE coworker or classmate starts hurting me.

Comments

• Options
    you never really do.

Most people will be fairweather friends tbh
  • Options
    cynical but I agree
  • Options
    How do you know which friends are real? bc every friend I ever had (at work/school) are fair weather. They talk to me until ONE coworker or classmate starts hurting me.

Same story eh?

But I think that the others are correct, when it comes to most work/school friends. I don't have a single friend from when I was at school and haven't seen any of them for over 20 years now.

Work is slightly different. I have a couple of good friends from my work life, but that's over 20 years and I can count the number of close friends from work on the fingers of one hand.
  • Options

Judge people by their actions, not by their words
  • Options
    My real friends are my mum and husband, the others i've learnt not to expect anything of. I don't like people expecting things of me (especially when they wouldn't do the same for me) so i try not to expect anything from them. It's pretty fair i think.