Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I had a bug now I have bloodshot eyes that hurt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Two weeks ago I had an upset stomach, feeling sick all the time and a headache. Stayed home. I had a sore throat too. Near the end of the week I went to the docs and they said I had laryngitis. Then it didn't disappear by monday this week, so went back and they said I had a little bit of tonsillitis. I was put on antibiotics. So was off work again all week. Near the end of the week I got one bloodshot eye. Then the other one flared up. This evening and last night they have both started to hurt and every now and again go all teary. It also feels like I have a film over my eyes. I keep wiping them with cold water on a tissue. It helps to some extent. Now I'm thinking about going to the docs again this coming monday.

What does everyone think I have?

Edit: I'm kind of sensitive to lights too.

Comments

• Options
    possibly conjunctivitis... in which case it's another trip to the doctors for you! doesn't sound like you are having much luck/fun really!
  • Options
    That's what I thought I might have.

No I'm not having any luck or fun. I've only done FOUR whole weeks at work. Been off sick most of the time.