Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Friends with benefits or could there be more?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've known this guy for around five years and after some seperation over a few years we met up and continued to. we'd then ended up kissing and having sex on several occasions. He tells me hes not 'in love' with me and he seems scared of commitment when i talk to him about where i stand in the relationship. It's fine if we are just friends- i'm not looking for a friend with benefits. It's sad to say i want all or nothing- is that wrong? I don't know if he's using me for sex?

I'm really stuck here, could do with some advice!

BB x

Comments

• Options
    it sounds to me that he doesn't want a relationship but you do and quite honestly its going to end badly for you!
    sit down to specifically talk to this it will be better for you in the long run!
  • Options
    You have to want the same thing and it sounds like he wants friends with sex but you want a boyfriend. They clearly are not the same thing.

You need to talk to him otherwise he will continue thinking that you want what he does.
  • Options
    He said we could be something. we get on so much and i really care about him...this is so hard. What would any of you do right now? tell him we can only be friends and stop trying with him ? CONFUSED!
  • Options
    to me it sounds like he's trying it on with you! Maybe he does want something more with you maybe he just wants to be fuck buddies.
    What you need to do is sit down with him and talk to him about what he wants, make it clear what you want and if their not the same get out before you get hurt badly