Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

slimming pills for a guy.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been off work for 6 weeks. I went back to work a week ago. And I can hardly put my belt in the usual hole on my jeans.

I think its because I eat a lot of chocolate at work. And chocolate biscuits, jam and peanut butter on digestive biscuits and fudge at home.

I want to try some slimming pills but I'm unsure of what to take. I don't want to go to the docs.

Any info/advice?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, there's no such thing.

Sure you can get some of those Alli pills but they only help you when you are dieting normally, plus they have some unpleasant side effects.

Best advice is exercise more and eat fewer calories. It's the only proven diet that works.
  • Options
    Yeah, don't.

Slimming pills are at best totally ineffective and at worst downright dangerous. The only safe way to lose weight is to eat well and get some exercise.
  • Options
    i've tried most of the slimming pills out there and haven't found any that work yet.
  • Options
    Maybe cut out the things you mentioned and I'm sure you'll see a difference. Do some exercise too of course.
  • Options
    cut out the junk and youll soon see a difference.

You can still snack, but stick to lower calorie stuff. All the stuff you say you snack on, is very high fat, high sugar and high calorie.

Youd have to cut it out on slimming pills anyway, so why not try cutting it out without.
  • Options
    snuggy wrote: »
    Why don’t you try Acai berry products? Heard they are natural antioxidants, they are rich in essential fatty acids, helps in nutrient absorption; contain dietary fiber and high in ORAC. This helps in relieving stress as well.

tried them, they don't make any difference. Less chocolate, less biscuits, less fudge, bit of exercise will work. now just have to figure out how to stick to it myself
  • Options
    Get exercise, cut the crap out of your diet and eat less calories.

Losing weight takes effort unfortunately... A lot of weight loss products just rid you of water retention, use pseudoscience, or try to trick you in to believing the product 'works' in some ways when it just cuts calories (like meal replacer shakes).

I used to snack on a lot of junk and drink a lot of beer... Habits can be hard to break. I found replacing junk food with fruit, Nakd bars and healthy snacks worked a treat for me. After 11 months (or 8 if you count months off the gym due to injury and busy life, less if you include holidays), I've lost 2 stone. It works!
  • Options
    Slimming pills and other 'quick fix' solutions don't work. There are no quick fixes to things like weight, losing weight and keeping weight off is hard work. You need to eat less crap and do more exercise, that's the only way of doing it.

There's nothing wrong with eating some food that's bad for you, life's boring without it, but make sure you're doing it in moderation. If you're snacking because you're bored find something to occupy your time If you're snacking because you're hungry, try drinking water when you want to snack, or snack on fruit and nuts instead.
  • Options
    The only way slimming pills will work is as an assitant with correct diet and exercise.

As for advice:
    I am currently using 'stripping' roids to slim down for a wedding in March.

I go to the gym 4 times a week, I have reduced carbs practically down to nothing if it is not before a workout.

As for pills, as a woman I am using a stack of 'Anavar' (About $350 a cycle) due to its low level kidney/liver toxicity and will add a stack of 'Clenbuterol' closer to the date but only for a short period due to its high risk factor.

With weightloss drugs, they usually tend to speed your metabolism by heating your body and developing muscle which in turn burns fat just through general use. These drugs however can make you uncomfortable, if you are a new user they can cause shakes and tremors.

Using weightloss drugs is worthless if you do not combine it with exercise, a pill is not going to absorb the chocolate you just ate.

Tricks for losing weight:

- Do not eat 3 large meals a day, rather 7 tiny meals throughout the day. The metabolism is like a fire, if you keep feeding it good, clean, low-carb, low-sugar fuel it is going to burn fast and bright. However if you throw a huge lump of firewood on (Eg a big meal of breads and heavy meats) then it is going to smoulder slowly and burn away at the heavy materials for long and thus slow down the fat burning process.

- Carbohydrates are not the devil. Whilst carbs are key in the retention of weight, they are also essential for the bodies daily functions. Eating carbs should be done early in the day, before 1pm so you have the day to burn them off whilst you are active. If you a serious about dropping weight, consume no more than 80grams of carbohydrates throughout the day. Eat clean carbs like brown rice, wholemeal bread (No more than two slices).

- Protein is your friend. Eating three portions of protein that are the size of your palm raw three times throughout the day will help grow muscle and keep you from feeling hungry. (Pressuming you're between 5'8-6'0).

If you have any questions either diet or exercise related, please feel free to contact me. My partner and I are both very much concerned with diet and exercise so I can get you advice from a man as well.
  • Options
    I'll have to try and stop eating the choc etc. I used to drink green tea ocasionally and I gave up with coffee and I only drank tea. But recently I've gone back to drinking coffee.

I also eat Muller Rice nearly every day, which I'm sure is helping me to gain weight!!

I used to go cycling all the time but have given it up. My bike is just getting dusty in the house. I do go on it every day when I go on holiday to Scotland twice every year. I guess I just can't be bothered cycling with all the hills where I live.

I eat one apple every day Mon-Fri.

I've heard that the Acai Berry might be worth a try? So might try the Acai Berry Select or a different product.

On Thursday last week a lass at work told me that I'm fat!! Which proves that I'm putting on weight.
  • Options
    Believe me that diets alone do not help. You need exercise. Sure you can starve yourself down a few pounds, but you would be surprised how quick those pounds are back on the belly if you continue with such a high calorie intake. Eating less, and sports is the only method that withstands every test.
  • Options
    Fad diets are useless. As has already been said the only thing that will work is a good diet and decent exercise. You don't have to give up the chocolate completely, but everything in moderation is the key and unless you are burning more calories than you are putting in to your body (there will be a website which will tell you what calories you need to maintain your current weight with little activity iirc, so you will want to work off any additional calories + some extra if you want to lose) you won't lose weight.

Things like porridge and bananas and other foods which keep you full/satisfied for longer (slow release energy and all that bollocks) will help with that. Instead of chocolate, have an apple or a banana or go crazy and buy some passionfruit (they're sweet and yummy). Fruit juice is actually very high in calories, so watch out for that (1L of OJ is about 500kcal). Stuff like flavoured sparkling water has been my lifesaver when I've been craving sweet things, because it's tasty and it's still sweet because of the fruit, the carbonation means it fills you up that little bit more, and it's only about 4kcal for 250ml depending on the flavour.

You'll be pleased to know that Muller Rice also comes in a low-fat (fat-free? Not 100% but I think so) version. They also do some lovely low-fat yoghurts in tasty flavours like mandarin and rhubarb which are pretty much always on offer in Tesco.

Cycling up hills is good for you. Plus the more exercise you do, the happier you will feel in yourself and it's such a boost to see the difference in your weight and things.
  • Options
    I'll have to try and stop eating the choc etc. I used to drink green tea ocasionally and I gave up with coffee and I only drank tea. But recently I've gone back to drinking coffee.

I also eat Muller Rice nearly every day, which I'm sure is helping me to gain weight!!

I used to go cycling all the time but have given it up. My bike is just getting dusty in the house. I do go on it every day when I go on holiday to Scotland twice every year. I guess I just can't be bothered cycling with all the hills where I live.

I eat one apple every day Mon-Fri.

I've heard that the Acai Berry might be worth a try? So might try the Acai Berry Select or a different product.

On Thursday last week a lass at work told me that I'm fat!! Which proves that I'm putting on weight.

see my post above, they don't work. The only thing that works is the advice you appear to be intent on ignoring whilst u carry on looking for a solution in a pill form.
  • Options
    see my post above, they don't work. The only thing that works is the advice you appear to be intent on ignoring whilst u carry on looking for a solution in a pill form.

I'm not ignoring what you OR other peeps have wrote.
  • Options
    I am not in favor of these sliming pills, because of the side effect
    on human health. we should go for the natural way for the weight loss,
    that will be effected for weight loss.
  • Options
    Josph wrote: »
    I am not in favor of these sliming pills, because of the side effect
    on human health. we should go for the natural way for the weight loss,
    that will be effected for weight loss.

What a poorly designed website. I can't even see the writing since its nearly the same as the background!