Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

have a lost a friend?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey everyone, hope you are all well.
I havent been on here for absolutely ages because my life hasnt been to bad for the past few months.
right i need to tell you whats been goin on with my friend. Basically she was brought up in care and she has had a tough childhood etc. in august last year she moved in with me, my mum and my mums boyfriend. I always thought she was a happy go lucky person and always respected her for the way she is considering her past. She didnt want to sleep in a room on her own so she shared my bed everynight and it had never been a problem. But a few weeks ago we got some weed just to see what it was like and ended up having sex......I know I regret it so much now. We never really spoke about it until she started acting a bit possesive, like evertime I wanted to go out she would sulk and get pissed off.

One day I came home and sat on the sofa with her and told her that I didnt think it was a good idea that she should sleep in my bed anymore.....then she goes quiet and doesnt talk to me. I go out and leave her for a bit and then i get a call saying that shes going away for a week to think about stuff.
Of course I was a bit upset but I left her to do what she wanted. I was texting her last week while she was away and she was just replying really bluntly. I got annoyed so I rang her and asked what the hell was the matter.she told me that she was inlove with me and that I had stamped all over her heart!

I packed all her stuff and now she is staying with someone else. She has always left everywhere she lives because she cant get on with anyone while living with them, im just another victim it feels like :-(

we are talking now but she is different with me and i know our friendship will never be the same again......I don't know how to go about it because I dont think there is anything i can do now to change anything :-(

Someone if you have any advise it would be great, sorry it is so long!!!!

Love to all

Anna

xx

Comments

• Options
    I don't really have any advice, I can understand why she moved out (I was in love with my best friend for years and it sucks; I didn't even have to live with her!) but all you can do is keep being as normal as possible and let time heal.

Try not to worry about blame, who's hurt whom and why, etc., that won't get you anywhere.

Hope it works out.
  • Options
    I think it would help both of you to give each other space for a bit.
  • Options
    Whats happened has happened. There is no point in trying to figure out who is to blame. Give each other some space to get your heads sorted.
  • Options
    She might have some kind of attachment disorder, especially having been in care. I don't think either of you are to blame, or are victims here, you do need to establish some solid boundaries though.
  • Options
    thankyou everyone, i saw her today and her moving out was probably the best thing anyway, we said we still wanna be friends. but we are gonna have alot of time apart first.

Thankyou for all your comments

xx