Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hen party

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi everyone

I am working on my sister's hen party so beginning to think about what it will all cost and stuff.

If we were to go to a theme park, it would be about £28 per person not including travel, do you think that's reasonable or a little expensive? People would have the option to find 2 for 1 vouchers and stuff and buy on the door.

As I understand it most of the people who will be invited have jobs if that makes a difference...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    My sister's hen do is costing me £75 before travel.

I think £28 is a bargain.
  • Options
    Depends really.

My sister's hen do was a weekend at Centre Parks and my friend's one was a weekend in Brighton. So both quite expensive. It is okay if you only have one or two friends getting married that year but once you get to a certain age it seems like everyone is getting married and you might not be able to afford them all, especially as to attend most weddings you have travel expenses and usually hotel expenses unless it's very local.
  • Options
    OK, so if we're not doing something that involves an overnight stay it's probably at the cheaper end, is that about right?

My sister's still quite young (23) so most of her friends won't have hundreds of weddings to attend, I hope .
  • Options
    Well it's cheaper than the ones I've attended. If there are people who can't afford it, it might be nice to have a cheap drinks out night as well, if you feel it's appropriate.
  • Options
    It depends what you want to do. Its her hen party and you should do what will make her happy and remember it, and doenst mind people using 2 for 1 (and you should because its much better value) then go for it.

Randomgirl's suggestion is a good one as well, especially for the guests that cant go on the day trip.
  • Options
    I resent spending lots of money for other people's weddings but £28 sounds alright to me.
  • Options
    It depends what you want to do. Its her hen party and you should do what will make her happy and remember it, and doenst mind people using 2 for 1 (and you should because its much better value) then go for it.

Randomgirl's suggestion is a good one as well, especially for the guests that cant go on the day trip.

The thing is that we're scattered across the country so there's no such thing as "cheap drinks" that's cheap for everyone. Alton Towers happens to be in the centre (almost) of where the majority are.

The only thing about using 2 for 1 is that it means sourcing the vouchers and buying on the day but I think it's worth it if people are prepared to put some welly into it; it would certainly negate some of the petrol cost.