Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

guy bff trouble...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello, i have a slight issue, and need advice.

So, i have a best friend whoes 4 years older than me, and a guy, and im a girl.
my parents hate him, and we've been best friends for about 8 months now.
but, since december, weve started having feelings for each other, and in january we kissed and cuddled for the first time, and since then about 5 more nights like that.

I was grounded for a month in january, and we used to talk everyday on msn (for about a year), and after my laptop was taken away we couldnt talk unless it was on the phone. we used to be so chill around each other.

but, now hes given me his laptop to use till i get mine back, so we can talk everyday again, cause i stopped calling him cause this other girl got involved. (but shes not anymore)

but anyways, now i have no idea what to say to him! msn is much nicer than the phone so there arent akward long silences, but i still think there are!
like, i didnt used to think about this at ALL when we were just friends, but now im freaking out and dont know what to do. Its like after a year, we've finally run out of things to say.

can anyone help me? whats with this akward silence stage with my best friend/the guy im seeing? why cant we talk like we used to anymore? like, i love just laying in bed with him not talking or anything, but he tells me that i barely talk to him and stuff anymore.

thanks for any help guys, im new. :)

Comments

• Options
    I am often silent around people, even on the phone, because I am a thinker. I think about everything. (non-sexual) scenarios with the other person etc etc. So while this might cause a silence, it is not uncomfortable to me, and ideally neither for the other person. I've met such a person before and I can say there is something divine of remaining silent with another person and nobody has the urge to fill the void with babble. Either think beforehand what you will tell him when you call him, like if something cool happened this day, or just get off the phone. Nobody said you need to keep up the conversation if nobody has anything to talk anymore.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I am often silent around people, even on the phone, because I am a thinker. I think about everything. (non-sexual) scenarios with the other person etc etc. So while this might cause a silence, it is not uncomfortable to me, and ideally neither for the other person. I've met such a person before and I can say there is something divine of remaining silent with another person and nobody has the urge to fill the void with babble. Either think beforehand what you will tell him when you call him, like if something cool happened this day, or just get off the phone. Nobody said you need to keep up the conversation if nobody has anything to talk anymore.

:yes:

Maybe cut down on the amount you two talk? I was like this with a friend of mine when we used to talk most days. We now talk maybe once or twice a week. It does mean now that we have more things to say to each other.