Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Reheating Tea

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A question to the professionals :p I have a nice tea pot, but I only drink one cup at a time and it is just me so I never get to use it. But if I did use it, can I reheat the tea at a later time, or does it taste like crap then? If you can, how long will it last, should I finish the pot that day, the next day?

It is flavored rooibos or black that I make, if that makes a difference.

Comments

• Options
    Just pop it in the microwave for a minute, it tases fine.

(I've got a small child so I reheat EVERYTHING) :p
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Kaff wrote: »
    Just pop it in the microwave for a minute, it tases fine.

(I've got a small child so I reheat EVERYTHING) :p

Yeah, I do this too. Apparently you *shouldn't* although I'm not sure why, but I've never been ill or suffered death because of it and I've done it for years.
  • Options
    itll be all strong and stewed, but it wont kill you
  • Options
    The redbush should be OK, but the black will be "stewed" - very bitter.

If you use teabags, or have a teapot with a brewing section, you can remove the tea once it has brewe, in which case microwaving will be fine for every day tea, but you will lose some of the subtleties of finer teas.
  • Options
    I just put it in the microwave and taste no difference.

A friend of mine even heated the water in the microwave before putting the tea bag in instead of boiling it. Never done that, but it worked for him.
  • Options
    i might do this, i always make myself a cup of tea and then forget about it. gah
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    The redbush should be OK, but the black will be "stewed" - very bitter.

If you use teabags, or have a teapot with a brewing section, you can remove the tea once it has brewe, in which case microwaving will be fine for every day tea, but you will lose some of the subtleties of finer teas.

Thats really confusing :p It is just http://www.target.com/Copco-Take-Time-for-Tea-3-pc-Tea-Set/dp/B000EN46NA/ref=br_1_5?ie=UTF8&id=Copco%20Take-Time-for-Tea%203-pc%20Tea%20Set&node=45958011&searchSize=30&searchView=grid5&searchPage=1&sr=1-5&qid=1287851654&rh=&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1 you put your tea in the ball and hook it to the lid and let it soak, then I take it out after how ever long the bag of tea told me.

And thanks for your help! It seems easy enough to try but I didn't want it to taste like shit after microwaving and find out the hard way by putting it in my mouth :p

StrubbleS wrote: »

A friend of mine even heated the water in the microwave before putting the tea bag in instead of boiling it. Never done that, but it worked for him.
    Thats how I always do it, but I Feel bad when I see the teapot sitting there all lonley and unused and I wanted to change that.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »

Apparently this can be quite dangerous, because the bubbles sometimes can't form for boiling, so the water heats past boiling point, and the water can blow up in your face after you take it out the microwave.
  • Options
    Reheating tea decoction will make it taste bitter, so it is okay to heat it in microwave for a minute.
  • Options
    Some sort of the better one idea to reheat the tea next day but I have make my tea in the next day fresh .... Because every thing which is made last day will not give you the best result than the fresh one... Fresh foods would give you the more energy and best results in era of your health issue's.....
This discussion has been closed.