Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Who got the contract for the census?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm not sure it matters that this company got the job.
    Hey, I love LM, they make fantastic planes including the F-35, C-130 (AC Variant and the SR-71

Actually happy they're taking this data, a fantastic company :)
    Don't give a toss who does it personally. It's generally the government who cocks stuff like this up, and Lockheed have a good track record with reliability.....
    This is one of (albeit probably the biggest) many reasons why my census form, once "completed", will get "lost in the post".
    I think it does matter, but it doesn't matter which company they outsource to, they will be bastards. Lockheed Martin are filth of the highest magnitude, but they're no worse than the likes of Crapita and EDS.

My census forms will be completed in a bollocks stylee.
    It does matter who it's outsourced too. I can't remember the name of the documentary, but I was watching something about the government outsourcing jobs, along with councils to big companies to "cut costs" for the taxpayer. When they in reality cost more in the long run because of how money hungry the companies who got the contracts were - Capita and G4S were mentioned a lot.
    By money hungry, I think what you probably mean is running their business. Councils and governments are stupid enough to be so useless that they need to out source it and then manage it badly.

LM generally do a relatively competent job of things. Defence companies occasionally work to higher competencey standards than the rest, because attention to detail spreads across an organisation.
    Personally I'm more concerned that the job is done properly, as we're paying for it.