Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dosage of MDMA.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
First post here and I'm going to get straight to the point.

I'm about to take MDMA for the first time and I'm looking for advice from a user with experience.

There's two of us heading to the biggest party in our town next month and have both wanted to try MDMA for a while.

Currently we've got half a gram of MDMA.

• How many bombs should half a gram be made into for first time users?
  • Would half a gram be enough for two first time users to really feel the effects of MDA or would we require another half gram?
  • I would like to drink alcohol at this party as well but should I consume alcohol while on MDMA?

I apologise if these questions sound stupid but I want to get the dosage right, as I feel that's important.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This page will tell you the dosages of MDMA.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_dose.shtml

(other general info) http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_health.shtml

I've not tried MDMA myself, but I've researched because I am intersted in trying it. As for drinking alcohol with MDMA, advised against it. Alcohol is a depressant, so it will lessen the affects of the MDMA. It also dehydrates your body, adding MDMA to that, you're dehydrating your body more.

There are loads of threads of this/wiki pages on Drugs-forum, use their search but here are a few.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=MDMA
    http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147956
    http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28061
    Thanks for the reply, I have done a bit of research myself as well.

Last question for someone, since it's my first time I'm going to make three 80mg bombs (start low, that's what I say). I'm going to take one of these bombs 20 minutes before entering the party but when should I take my next bomb?
    If it's your first time, 80mg is in the normal dosage, so take the one dose and see how you feel. Don't take more because you just have it, judge how you feel later on in the night. Also notice how long it was since you took your first dosage. Depending on how pure it is, you might not come up quicker than you hoped, so don't take another dose so soon because you're inpatient. Just remember to keep yourself cool and hydrated and enjoy yourself.
    Wait at least 90 minutes after taking the first one before you do another one. I would also advise, take immediately before you enter the party - you want to leave some leeway for problems getting in, finding your way around etc.

I normally do an 8th - that keeps me happily going for the whole night, though I think you are right to do a couple of smaller doses - it's more sustained that way - maybe do two rather than 3, but it's up to you.
    talia wrote: »
    Wait at least 90 minutes after taking the first one before you do another one. I would also advise, take immediately before you enter the party - you want to leave some leeway for problems getting in, finding your way around etc.

I normally do an 8th - that keeps me happily going for the whole night, though I think you are right to do a couple of smaller doses - it's more sustained that way - maybe do two rather than 3, but it's up to you.

An 8th of a gram?
    Yes.
    Thanks for all the advice guys.

:thumb:
    Keep alcohol to a minimuim, drink slow, (dont down your drinks), drink water, frequently but again (dont got extreme).

half a gram should make 4 decent size bombs
    Okay, maybe i just missed out on something here, but when i did MD back along we did half gram bombs, and you're saying 1/8 of gram, me and my friend have easily gone through an 8th of an ounce in an evening.
    Fuuubar wrote: »
    Okay, maybe i just missed out on something here, but when i did MD back along we did half gram bombs, and you're saying 1/8 of gram, me and my friend have easily gone through an 8th of an ounce in an evening.
    Not so sure about that. An 8th of an ounce is 3.5 g. The most I've ever taken was about 1 g in 24 hours, and I'd never dream of taking that much again. Normally on a night out I'd take a maximum of half a gram.

To the OP: if you've never taken MDMA, 80 mg would probably be plenty for a whole night. Bear in mind a decent pill (back in't day) may have contained 80-100 mg at the most, and when I first took MDMA I could have gone for a whole night on one pill (and I'd still be awake hours after getting home).

Also consider that it takes a while to come up on MDMA (up to an hour) and for first-time users it often seems to take longer. So don't rush to take another bomb after waiting around for a short time. I'd leave it at least 2-3 hours before taking another bomb, if necessary, but as I said I think one would be plenty for a first-timer. Of course this will depend on whether your stuff is any good and your measurements are accurate, but best to be cautious.

Most of all, enjoy your first time with MDMA! I'm so jealous :D
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    As above. Good pills back in the day were around the 100mg mark, give or take 20mg. If it's good mandy split it no less than 8 ways and you have some manageable doses.

Certainly wouldn't recommend taking half gram bombs of decent mandy.
    Weekender Offender