Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

online gaming

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know a good site for online gaming that can.. let me win money... ?

Comments

• Options
    Be VERY careful and read the T&Cs. Some sites have ridiculous rules before you can withdraw winnings.

For instance. Pogo Bingo. You have to deposit and wager x10 any bonus on your first deposit you get before you can withdraw winnings.

So, say you deposit £100. You get an initial deposit bonus of 100% i.e. £100. You then have to deposit £1,000 and wager it, before you can withdraw anything you win. Cunts.
  • Options
    oh, sounds too complex for me. i'd best leave it. just trying to get cash at the mo...
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Be VERY careful and read the T&Cs. Some sites have ridiculous rules before you can withdraw winnings.

For instance. Pogo Bingo. You have to deposit and wager x10 any bonus on your first deposit you get before you can withdraw winnings.

So, say you deposit £100. You get an initial deposit bonus of 100% i.e. £100. You then have to deposit £1,000 and wager it, before you can withdraw anything you win. Cunts.

Despite the strict wagering rules I managed to pocket £1500 playing Blackjack a month or two ago.

I have since lost it all obviously :banghead:
  • Options
    Nutter wrote: »
    oh, sounds too complex for me. i'd best leave it. just trying to get cash at the mo...

Don't gamble to get money. Gamble for fun, for a night out, to pass the time. Gambling to make a profit will probably be the start of a slippery slope.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Don't gamble to get money. Gamble for fun, for a night out, to pass the time. Gambling to make a profit will probably be the start of a slippery slope.

:thumb:
  • Options

You'd best leave it, but not because of the complexity. If you're gambling because you're in financial difficulties you're going to come a serious cropper. You should only gamble what you can afford to lose, which in your case sounds like £0.00.

As a professional money adviser, nothing makes my piss boil more than gambling websites allowing people to gamble on credit cards. Not only does it put them in debt they can't repay, it seriously fucks up their life- gamblers who go bankrupt, for instance, have extra restrictions put in place which means that their life is screwed up for several years rather than the usual 12 months. One of my clients owed £117,000 on credit cards, all from gambling websites. Cunts.

The Yanks have the right idea about online gambling.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster

Hey Nutter, what's the situ, maybe we could come up with some other suggestions? :)
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    Hey Nutter, what's the situ, maybe we could come up with some other suggestions? :)

hi helen

i'm not in dire need of cash, i can still buy food etc, i just worry i won't have enough to pay prescriptions and general living. Not having luck with jobs so i need some other way. i think i need to get my name out there more as a photographer or something. i'd like to write articles or something along those lines as well.
    helen you have always been super to me, thanks :)
  • Options
    If you're on a low income you might be eligible for help with prescriptions, or you can buy a pre-payment certificate if you have a lot of prescriptions. Ring up the NHS Business SErvices Authority and ask them.
  • Options
    If you're not entitled to free prescriptions, would it be cheaper to buy it over the counter?
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    If you're not entitled to free prescriptions, would it be cheaper to buy it over the counter?

can't buy what i need over the counter
  • Options
    I would not advise gambling when you need money. My best friend did that and it didn't go too well for him
  • Options
    Hey there,

Sorry to hear you're not as financially stable as you would like to be at the moment, but it's good that you're thinking of ways to increase your income.

However, as Arctic Roll and RubberSkin have said gambling sites are probably not the best way forward for you. They seem good when you're reading about what you could win, but the chances are you will loose and then you'll be in a worse position than before. You might like to read the article in the Community section about how internet poker ruined the author's life, for another perspective on this.

Also, wanted to direct you to two other sites that you might find useful.

1. If you've already done this then accept my apologies. But you might like to see if you are eligible for state benefits using the DirectGov's website. If you scroll down the page and click on 'Start benefits advisor' and then follow the instructions, you should be able to see if you are eligible (see this link for the benefits included in the calculator).

2. You also mention that you're trying to promote your photography business. I thought you might the Business Link website useful; the site offers practical advice for businesses. They have a section called 'Growth through sales' which offers lots of information about how to market your business etc.

Hope the above helps and let us know if you have any further queries.

:)