Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Private tuition/languages work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,

My friend gave me the idea that having done a French degree I could try and do some private tuition. Could be an idea, but not sure how to go about starting it.

Any tips/hints from anyone who has done this ?

PS I definitely don't want to be a teacher, but if I could use my language skills in some form or other that would be great.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I used to do private tuition (science and maths) whilst I was doing my degree. I joined an agency which is probably the easiest way to get jobs and they deal with the payment (at least mine did). I really enjoyed it and found it paid really well.
    Oh right. Didn't realise you could do it through an agency. I was thinking I'd maybe try and do business cards or something along those lines.
    Try online jobs, doing translation work. TONS and tons of job available if you look around. You can even do freelance work for translation of OpenSource software/charity websites. Always good to add to your CV, and to generally help someone out.
    Thanks for that idea - something I hadn't thought of