Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weed and vapourisers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I enjoy weed from time to time but I am trying to keep my tobacco intake down. Are these electronic vaporisers any good? I know they can be a bit pricey so wish to ask before I consider buying.

For instance, I understand convection and radiation vaporisers are better than conduction?

Any thoughts? Experiences? Insights? Recommendations? Does one get the same sort of 'buzz' as a rolled joint? :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Teagan wrote: »
    I enjoy weed from time to time but I am trying to keep my tobacco intake down. Are these electronic vaporisers any good? I know they can be a bit pricey so wish to ask before I consider buying.

For instance, I understand convection and radiation vaporisers are better than conduction?

Any thoughts? Experiences? Insights? Recommendations? Does one get the same sort of 'buzz' as a rolled joint? :)

I heard, but just heard, not out of experience, that vaporizers make "more" of the weed, because the plant doesn't get burned directly, thus not destroying that much THC in the process. Not even mentioning, that's is much healthier.

I was interested in this topic myself some time ago, so I'll be checking this thread for updates.
    Is it different to a crack pipe?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit

Yeah cracks better. :D But a little moreish.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    Yeah cracks better. :D But a little moreish.
    Haha. Only ever had DMT in a crack pipe, and that shit's nasty.

The vaporizer I have seen works on a similar principle, but heats the weed not that hot in a short time, but gradually, so it doesn't get burnt (too much?). The vapors are trapped in a plastic bag/balloon kinda thingy and you can inhale from this.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    The vaporizer I have seen works on a similar principle, but heats the weed not that hot in a short time, but gradually, so it doesn't get burnt (too much?). The vapors are trapped in a plastic bag/balloon kinda thingy and you can inhale from this.

That's along the lines that I mean. :yes:
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Haha. Only ever had DMT in a crack pipe, and that shit's nasty.

I've done DMT in college, burnt the fuck out of my lungs and tripped harder then I have ever tripped. Messy. Not great fun either.
    Weekender Offender 
    You can make your own vapourizer out of a lightbulb and some tape, works quite well, but the taste is something else you'll have to get used to, gets you stoned, but it's not quite the same as a spliff, theres not that mellowing out feeling. Just sober, then stoned.

I'd recommend rolling spliffs with fake tobacco, herbal stuff is quite nice, and try to get the flavoured stuff, with the least amount of flavour, trust me it just tastes nicer. If not, then just wack it into a bong, then fire it up.

I wouldn't really recommend a vapourizer, they're like marmite, some love them, some hate them. Try it, just remember they do take time, and nothing with give you the same buzz as a spliff, but other things will be just as enjoyable :)
    cant you just smoke it in a pipe with no tobacco?
    They do work and I'd recommend investing in a good one, not only is it better for your health but its also highly efficient, vapourisers eliminate the wastage you get with joints or bongs so your weed should last you for longer...in the long term, the initial outlay should more than pay itself back.

I sold mine a few yrs ago and and really need to get a new one.
    Haven't read all of the replies so sorry if I'm repeating anything.

I bought a vaporizer (Da Buddha) around mid-December. I was sick of having fucked up lungs, being puffed out for 20 minutes after running for a bus, coughing up multi-coloured shit every morning etc. etc. so this seemed like the way forward.

I can definitely say using a vaporizer has sorted out these problems. I forgot my lungs could breathe in this deeply! As well as that, my weed consumption has halved due to me using less to get the same effect. I used to cain an 8th in a day and a half/two days. Now I can make an 8th last 4 days without even trying.

However it did take about a month to get used to it. Partly because it's a different high - less tired and lethargic - so I didn't think I was doing it right and couldn't really tell if I was stoned. Also partly because I had been smoking joints for about 9-10 years previously.

I'd definitely recommend purchasing one if you want to save money in the long term and if you want to be a bit kinder to your lungs. Another plus point is the taste, I think it's absolutely lush (but I love the smell of ganj anyway).

Quick word of warning though! Be prepared to pay a decent amount of cash. I thought I could get away with using a cheap version for under £100.. It stopped working after 2 days and the replacement did the same!
    Also, just noticed this post is over a month old.. I assume you've already decided to get one or not! :) Sorry.