Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Suggestion?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Hello Modskis :)

Obviously a few people are having a problem with people posting triggering content in Anything Goes, in particular in the ranty thread.

On a forum a friend of mine posts on, they have a 'spoiler' function, which works a bit like an lj-cut where you click the link/button/whatever to reveal the rest of the post.

Is that kind of thing possible on vBulletin?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    On a forum a friend of mine posts on, they have a 'spoiler' function, which works a bit like an lj-cut where you click the link/button/whatever to reveal the rest of the post.

Is that kind of thing possible on vBulletin?

I was thinking about this, too, for a slightly different reason. It occurred to me that because the first paragraph of a thread comes up when you hover over it, triggering content might be exposed. I realised this when I was in health and in one of my threads the content that was the reason for the trigger warning comes up in the bubble.

Maybe it's just something for people to be aware of but a 'cut' feature would just allow for an additional safeguard.