Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anybody Listening ??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this is probably going to turn out to be a bit of a rant... just to warn you all :)

Well... most people know about my problems with s/h.
It seems since i've taken the steps towards getting help , everybody suddenly thinks everything is fine for me. If i try to talk to somebody, they offer some support and "awww's" and all that, but they dont truely listen, or pay attention to my problems... they almost brush it off, or think im making a big thing out of nothing..

maybe this is just me... but i dont see how?
Everyone just assumes in happy, and i feel as if theres nobody left to turn to.
feeling incredibly low, and no distractions seem to be working :(

Somebody please... all this time i've hated it when they have said "Shes crying out for help"
This time im screaming for it, and being ignored.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there,

We're listening. So keep posting, ranting and exploring how you feel...thats what the boards are here for.

It seems really frustrating for you that people have just assumed that you are 'ok' now that you've accessed help. But don't let this detract from the fact that you have taken steps to getting help, which takes great strength and courage

People not listening - really listening, is something that can happen across the board - a social problem. Listening to others is a skill and it seems a lot of people don't listen properly. So, no it isn't just you, or because it's you. Perhaps the people who you feel ignored by, ignore most of the people they interact with, not just you?

Take care :)
    Thanks.

I guess i just wish there was someone there who really knows me.
    Maybe things will be better when im back at school next week..... i don't know.. i'll stay hopeful.
    Perhaps the people who you feel ignored by, ignore most of the people they interact with, not just you?

I can apply this to some people, but theres one where it just doesnt make sense.. because they have always been there, and at times felt like the only one who did understand and listen to me fully. :/
    Might it be the old cliche 'it isn't you - it's me'? This particluar person who usually understands and listens may have some personal stuff going on that they haven't let on to you about? That might be why they are bit distant now...

Could it be worth speaking to them and saying that you feel that something is different?

Being away from school and the normal routine of things can be a bit unsettling, hopefully you can enjoy the time off that you've got :)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello TryingToBeStrong,

We are here to listen to you OK? You will always have someone on here to listen to you! Are you in couselling at all? It seems like you feel you are unheard/ignored or not fully understood, weldone for reaching out to members of TheSite.org for support, it shows you still want help with this.

Have you spoke to that person lately? As they could be busy with other things, such as work or have some personal matters that they are dealing with? Do you still self harm? If you are struggliing to find distractions have you thought about calling someone, I am unsure of your age, but could you call ChildLine on 0800 1111 if you are in the UK?

Take care xox
    Thanks Cupcake. :)

I have been referred, not met the guy but seen him..... and i know you shouldnt judge people by their looks and all that, and he looks kinda scary :s
    Plus i really dont do well talking to poeple face to face, especially strangers. I talk to the CPO at school, and am only able to do that as i got to know her really well in my work experience last year.
    I havent s/hed in over a week.

That person is actually a teacher, although she hasnt taught me in two years. So, shes not at work... i have contact for her, because of things that have happened before.. but she hasnt been answering lately, and i dont want to be pushy or anything, because i know half-term is time for her to spend with her kids :/
    Hi there,

How are you today?

It is extremley difficult and scarey to start with a new worker and its really important you feel comfortable with them.
    As Cupcake suggested did you have any thoughts about ringing childline? Although it is a new person to talk to, the added pressure isnt there with it being over the phone,their you will be heard and valued, enabling you to explore how you are feeling.

Keep ranting here , were here to listen :)
    Despite what u think there will always be one person that will be there for u. no matter what. Just gotta find them. I felt like this once and my best friend showed me how stupid I was actually being, I hope one day I can do the same for her..