Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Drugs @ Festivals

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Easy to come by? Or sinffer dogs everywhere?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Depends where you go.
    But yeah, you'll be able to get drugs if thats what you want.
    depends if you know how to look out for people./ depends what you want though. youre probably better taking your stuff with you
    All the festivals that I've been to, there have been drugs everywhere.
    Some of my mates have been to alot more than me, and they say the same.
    i think that depends on the type of festival.
    A lot of the rock ones, its definitely more alcohol orientated
  • MCGrammarMCGrammar Posts: 7 Confirmed not a robot
    Hi little_tiny_flower :wave:

You didn't mention what festival(s) you're thinking of going to this year but you might want to take a look at Glastonbury's official statement on drugs

Like the others have said, drugs can be easy to come by at festivals but of course the law still applies and if anything, the police on site will be looking out for it more than usual. At last years' V Festival, 59 people were arrested as a result of the "zero tolerance to drugs" approach so if you are planning to risk it, know your rights if you're caught.

If you're going to take drugs and don't want to bring your own into the festival, be extremely careful if taking drugs that you've bought from a stranger- take a small amount at first to work out its strength, make sure that you stick with your friends and seek medical help if you start to feel unwell.

Have fun! :)
    xx
    i think if you buy it off a random stranger, its likely to be dud anyway more often than not
    i think that depends on the type of festival.
    A lot of the rock ones, its definitely more alcohol orientated

Well the only big festivals that I've been to are dance music one's, but my friend goes to Reading and Glastonbury religiously and he says there are drugs galore at both of them. I've heard the same from people who have been to Leeds.

Also, didn't the police find loads of crack and heroin at that metal festival, Download?
    people on them maybe, but its not as if people are selling them openly, because if youre expecting that, then youll be disappointed.

My other half was stopped by security just for smoking roll ups at Reading
    It's Creamfields that I am going to..and my friend got stopped when she took her own stuff..I don't fancy that much!! I expect there to be a lot more drug use what with it being Dance music orientated :)
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah, there will be pills everywhere. I don't agree with SuzyCC, in my experience pills bought off strangers arn't duds, they usually have something active in them, but you have no idea what.

In the last few years quality of pills has dropped dramatically, and you could get something nasty like BZP.

Best thing to do would be to source some before the event, try them before the event and then if they're anygood bring them with you.
    Weekender Offender 
    i guess so, ive bought good ones at a festival before, but i think its more sensible to do as you say. Source them beforehand and take them with you