Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help me lol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i am stuck in south wales due to my car braking down i am due to sign on for jsa tomorrow in croydon i can get to a job center in neath will they let me sign there

Comments

• Options
    You could try phoning your jobcentre and explaining the situation. It depends on how bad they are but they might let you get away with it or come up with another arangement.
  • Options
    i will try that but my m8 had this problem wen she was in hospital and ther anser was if you cant get here to sign you wont get payd any other sugestions
  • Options
    what can you do if bio full has set in your full tank
  • Options
    When I used to sign on, I got told that I had to go to the office I registered with, and if I was out of town, tough luck and the payment wouldn't be given for that time.

I know it sucks. Phoning them may help? If you explain your situation?

And you've got bio fuel in your petrol car? I can't imagine that will do any good...
    Petrol engines are not suitable for biodiesel or vegetable oil fuel. If you have a petrol engine then you may be able to use bioethanol fuel (some filling stations now offer blends of petrol and bioethanol).
    (from: http://www.biofuelplanet.com/Biofuels/engine-suitability.aspx)
  • Options
    thanks for help m8 its a 1.5 diesel pug 206 lol i havent got a clue whats gone rong with it changd the full filter hopeing it dont need a re build lol can you or ne1 els point me in the right way lol
  • Options
    help striping a transit

dose ne1 no how to strip and clan the full system on a p reg tranny lol been useing biodiesel and think is ternt to jelly can ne1 help plzzzzzzz
  • Options
    billy boy wrote: »
    dose ne1 no how to strip and clan the full system on a p reg tranny lol been useing biodiesel and think is ternt to jelly can ne1 help plzzzzzzz

I would suggest taking it to a garage, its not going to be an easy job.
  • Options
    thanks for all the help ppl but iv got the runing good old trannys lol turnt out to be a split full hose had to bled the hole system good fun lol thank agen for all the advise
  • Options
    When I used to sign on, I got told that I had to go to the office I registered with, and if I was out of town, tough luck and the payment wouldn't be given for that time.

I know it sucks. Phoning them may help? If you explain your situation?

And you've got bio fuel in your petrol car? I can't imagine that will do any good...

(from: http://www.biofuelplanet.com/Biofuels/engine-suitability.aspx)

I had to sign on before christmas and they said that if i went away in the UK i could arrange to go to another job centre and sign on there - but i'm not sure how much notice you had to give.
  • Options
    that's not what they told me. how annoying! never mind, not signing on anymore
  • Options
    Hey there,

You posted this a few days ago; did you manage to make it for your appointment in the end or were you able to change it?

As you know, you must attend at the appointments they give you to receive the Job Seeker's Allowance payment. However, life is complicated and sometimes it's not possible to attend.

If you did miss it or they were not sympathetic enough, and your payment will not be made, you may be able to appeal their decision.

You can initially contact your local Job Centre Plus office and ask for an explanation of why they did not make the payment. If you disagree with their reason you can can then appeal to an independent tribunal.
    But it is important to remember that you will have to show that you are taking the necessary steps to be available for, and actively seeking, work under the rules mentioned above while you wait for your appeal.

If your claim is successful your payments will be backdated.

You can contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau for more information and assistance on how to make an appeal.
  • Options
    I think it depends on how bad they are at your centre. Some of them suck a bit and some really suck. Its pot luck.