Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Motivation.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okay, so monday and tuesday, i have science and maths exams.

these are my real GCSE's and going to affect my future, so that should be enough.

Fact is, in my mind, ive always struggled with these subjects, expect to fail and just can't be bothered to revise.

HELP PLEASE!!

right now im thinking "Revise, Jaz, Revise!! Otherwise you will spend your life working in tescos, and moaning about it on TheSite" hehe, no offence to any of the Tesco workers, just to add. But its my dream to become a film director. For that, i really want to get into uni, and that takes qualifications!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *hug*

Try not to be too harsh on yourself. I struggled to revise for most exams, especially at uni. I had one there where I knew 2 out of 18 lectures. I tried to learnt the rest but got more and more frustrated it wasn't sinking in.

We had to answer 2 out of 4 questions.... I passed it. Not by much, but still, sometimes no matter how hard it seems it may work out.

Also, I used to find at school, before the exam suddenly everything made sense. It was like the penny finally dropped and the reading I had done had been for something! Maybe you'll find this?
    hmm.. hopefully!!

im hoping to wing it on science, as until now ive managed to somehow stay on an A, (with a few resits)

but in Maths, we have been studying for two different exams, one next week, one in the summer, and i have not a clue what we are doing in the one next week! i dont even know if its a calculator paper or not :S
    Does BBC Bitesize still exist? I used to find doing the quizzes on there before exams used to really help as I could see where I was going wrong :)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I've always found GCSE bitesize to be useful, why not try it? I would draw all the diagrrams and I know you enjoy drawing maybe draw a revision poster with your creative side Jaz?
    *hug* Don't push yourself, when your back at school maybe ask one of your teachers about this? They may be ablee to give you extra revision!
    I had my maths exam in november and I ended up getting a B for it, which really shocked me as i always got D's in my mocks!

What I did to help revise was I made flash cards, so for example I'd have "Division" written on the front then on the back an example of how to do it using the short & long method, so when I looked at that card I'd say to myself "To work out division....." then turn over to see if I was right. I found that really helpful, maybe worth a try? And also I went on BBC bitesize and made notes and did all the quizzes and activities.

For science, (So far I've got C's for my first part of Biology & Chemistry and a D for my first part of Physics, I've retaken My Physics and also done part two of the three sciences, getting the results when I go back to school :S)
    But what I did was go on BBC bitesize, make posters, made revision cards again (Which I found harder for Science, but still gave it a try).
    I also found this helpful - I got my Textbook and I'd read through the chapters on the section my exam was on and on each page I'd stick a post-it with notes on, So I was condensing all the info down. If I didn't get it I would mark it so I knew I needed to look over that page - I found that really helpful, but hey - thats just me :)

Good luck with your exams and don't cram to much in! Take breaks and don't overload yourself to much :) Take some water into the exam with you and take sips every now and then - especially if your struggling as it'll hydrate your brain! You can always re-take the exams!
    Yeah. i can re-sit chem.
    But the maths one IS a re-sit.

i got a C last time though.. thats not so bad, really. :/
    i got a C last time though.. thats not so bad, really. :/

A C is good, it's a pass! So whatever you get if you improve or not, be happy with it because it's a good grade!