Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Not really sure where this came from but yeah....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Music for me is a break from reality, it allows me to shut off everything around me, all the good and crap things thats happening.

Instead on fixating on all the things that I don't like or can't stop thinking about, music lets me forget about it all for a few blessed moments. It helps me to take a step back and realise that my problems are so small compared to the bigger picture. Because something I think is a big deal may not be compared to everything else going on.

Music humbles me and shows me how lucky I am to have the friends, family and possessions that I do have and for this I'm grateful, without music I doubt I would have the moments of reflection that I do have. Sitting up in bed at 3am in the morning with my headphones plugged in, just listening to music is bliss.

I don't mean to talk down other peoples problems, I know that there are people out there with stuff that I'm not even aware of but for me taking a step backing and seeing the grand scheme of things because of music is amazing and I couldn't ask for anything more :)

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I can totally relate to this curly! :)

I was talking with a friend the other day about what kind of music really gets us going in terms of being on a mental hight and how it can vary quite dramatically for different people.

Mine tends to be electronic or folk these days but was definitely house music when I was younger - my friend's is bands like the Pixies. What's yours?

Also, just this week I read an interesting article about music and mental health - Mind were tweeting it... it's about harnessing the motivation affects of music.

http://nutritionandfitness.axappphealthcare.co.uk/mind_features21.html

:thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Definitely :thumb:

I love it when you can play one of those songs just really loudly and it fills up your head, squeezes everything out and just feels really good :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have a feeling it may be one of those nights again...at least I've got my i-pod pumped full of acoustic stuff now