Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

straightening hair...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, having some issues with straightening my hair!

as a kid i had a comlete head of ringlets.
As i grew up, and grew my hair, they all kinda dropped out because i have insanley thick, and therefore heavy hair. So now its just incredibly wavy. When it comes to straightening..... which i do maybe once a week, sometimes less often, i find the sides are fine, but the back simply refuses to go straight, no matter how much time i spend on it.

Any tips ?? :)

Comments

• Options
    Turn your straighteners up to max heat, and just take your time. x
  • Options
    agree. And do it in small sections.
  • Options
    Yea, if you have layers clip them up and do them in sections, start at the bottom one.
  • Options
    Yeah.... i do all of this everytime :(

most the time use my babyliss straighteners, coz i find them better for thick hair :D
    but sometimes use my mums ghds.
  • Options
    I have pin point straight hair anyway, so not sure.... but I know when I curl my hair I have special mousse stuff to make it easier. I'm sure you can get strainghtening mouse/spray as well? x
  • Options
    ill look around :)

thanks. x
  • Options
  • Options
    Try when your hair is damp to blow dry it with a paddle brush facing the hair dryer downwards. use a heat protector and possibly a straightening gel (boots do them on brands like- lee stafford, toni and guy, etc)

this should make your hair straighter- not perfect but it should make the process of straightening your hair quicker and easier...