Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Volunteer for university-based research

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone,

I'm a psychology PhD student at University College London and am currently recruiting participants for a study I'm running. I am searching for London-based 15-18 year olds who would be willing to participate in an interview about things that they feel negatively affect their worlds today. Each interview will last approximately 30-60 minutes, depending on how much you talk. Interviews can take place at any time that is convenient to you, in a public place such as a quiet cafe or in a room in the UCL psychology department. I'm also going to be running some group interviews, so if you had a few friends who were interested I could interview you together.

If anyone is interested in participating, please email me for more information at cliodhna.oconnor.10@ucl.ac.uk. Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
Cliodhna

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Did you check with a mod before posting this? It's considered polite usually, especially as this isn't really the sort of volunteering opportunity usually posted here.

:wave: Nice to see a UCL face around, I was there for 5 years and loved it!
  • LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    :wave: ucjtcoc and welcome to TheSite boards,

As you can will see I have moved your post to this 'We Need You' forum and have deleted the other thread so you just have one. We think you'll get more replies here.
    piccolo wrote: »
    Did you check with a mod before posting this?

As Piccolo and Arctic Roll pointed out we do ask that you get in touch with one of us (moderators) before posting requests like this. As it is a request from you as a student and part of a research project for University then we are happy for it to stay up but please do get in touch in the future before posting this kind of thread.

Thanks, LauraO
    Thanks for taking care of moving the message, I wasn't sure what the appropriate place for it was. I'll make sure to liaise with a mod in future now I know what TheSite etiquette is!

Cliodhna
    I'm too old for your study but just wanted to say hi as I went to UCL for my BSc. Hope you are enjoying your UCL days.