Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

At least 65 dead in Christchurch EQ

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is just so, so horrible

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4688231/65-dead-in-devastating-Christchurch-quake

I don't have any family there, thank god, and my friends are okay, but this is just so horrible. The nation is in shock.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    just woke up and read about this, how awful :( I went to Christchurch a couple of years ago and it's horrible to think the hostel I was in is probably just rubble. iv got family in NZ but luckily they live in Auckland..I hope it doesn't get any worse.
    so sad :(
    I've just started at uni in Wellington and it's our fresher's week and there's such a weird atmosphere at the mo because a fair few people in my halls are from Christchurch.

This is really awful and makes me so grateful to be from a country where we don't have this. I was going to give blood but I'm not allowed to over here :(
    A truly terrible day for New Zealand and for us all. My thoughts and prayers are with the people caught up in this, for what difference it makes.
    A truly terrible day for New Zealand and for us all. My thoughts and prayers are with the people caught up in this, for what difference it makes.

And mine.
    Saw this morning also, thank god my cousin is ok, she has a few bruises apparently and their drive is wrecked :/ Horrible situation :(
    Feared over 200 dead now. Rescue teams and Drs have come from UK, Aus, US, Japan and Taiwan (and I think another country). Over 600 foreign helpers so far, which is so great.

It's just so horrible :(

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/christchurch-earthquake/4697308/Christchurch-quake-226-missing-98-dead