Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How soon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can I get an effective pregnancy test? With sex on the 12th/morning of 13th. Really don't feel up to talking about circumstances or symptoms, just need to know

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Take at look at NHS Choices
    Do you know where in your cycle you are? Early response tests are normally pretty reliable by the first day of a missed period, so about 14 days after ovulation, but sperm can live in your plumbing up to a week in the right conditions, so if you're not sure whereabouts you are, I'd give it 3 weeks after sex for a definitive answer.
    I know I'm just being over anxious - I'd finished my period 3 days before so had slightly over two weeks before ovulation and I took the MAP two days after said incident. But really nothing worse could happen right now so, of course, I'm worrying about it.
    The MAP is still pretty effective after 2 days, so I'd try not to worry too much, but yeah, give it 3 weeks from the 13th.

If you have a Poundland near you, their tests are as sensitive as any early result ones, and you get two for a quid, so you could do the second test a few days after the first, just to really make sure :)
    Evenstar wrote: »
    - I'd finished my period 3 days before so had slightly over two weeks before ovulation and I took the MAP two days after said incident. But really nothing worse could happen right now so, of course, I'm worrying about it.

just for future reference, your cycle starts from the first day of your period, not when it ends, so the most fertile period would be roughly 2 weeks from the 1st day of your period.

It most likely wasnt your fertile time, and you took the MAP, albeit slightly later than perfect, but its still got a good chance of working if you happened to have conceived, which you probably didnt.

I think youre probably going to be fine, but take a test on the day your next period is due, for accuracy. Some work slightly before that, but i wouldnt necessarily trust a negative from an early test, although id trust a positive.
    I have a period tracker on my phone and a 38 day cycle, so two weeks is about right :)
    Evenstar wrote: »
    I have a period tracker on my phone and a 38 day cycle, so two weeks is about right :)

sorry off topic but a period tracker on your phone? i want one.

body care also do the cheap pregnancy tests if you arent near a poundshop.
    a period tracker on your phone?.

I have an android phone, and use one called My Days. it was free for me to download and totally reliable. :)
    You're under 25 aren't you? I'm sure you can get free pregnancy tests if you are... I know you can near me from the sexual health clinic, and the information shop. x