Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dealbreakers

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :D

Just the one? ;)

yeah, just the one covers four great things about me, they call me Cheeks :D
    wearing a necklace. I dunno why but a necklace on a guy is a huge turn off for me.
    I'm with you on that one.
    Journalists and bankers. :no:
    Teagan wrote: »
    Journalists and bankers. :no:

Sounds like you've been dating too many City boys!

Mine:

Picky eaters and people with no medium to long-term plans - even if they're just pie in the sky plans.
    Mine:

Picky eaters and people with no medium to long-term plans - even if they're just pie in the sky plans.

Sooo with you on the picky eaters. Veganism is most definitely on my list, as would excessively pious vegetarianism.

Just thought of another one that actually happened to me:

Believing in astrology. I shit you not.

Was on a date with hot bloke, quite fancied him, having great chat, all was going well. Then, he drops into conversation as explanation of some character trait of his: "well, that's because I'm a Sagittarius". I assumed this was a joke so pissed myself laughing.

It was not a joke. Not only did he mean it, but he had recently paid hundreds of pounds to a "professional astrologer" to give him a reading of his chart, whatever the fuck that means. He started telling me about how Uranus moving into Pisces (or you know, whatever) meant that he was about to start a new career.

Oh dear.
    jamelia wrote: »
    Sooo with you on the picky eaters. Veganism is most definitely on my list, as would excessively pious vegetarianism.

Was on a date with hot bloke, quite fancied him, having great chat, all was going well. Then, he drops into conversation as explanation of some character trait of his: "well, that's because I'm a Sagittarius". I assumed this was a joke so pissed myself laughing.

It was not a joke. Not only did he mean it, but he had recently paid hundreds of pounds to a "professional astrologer" to give him a reading of his chart, whatever the fuck that means. He started telling me about how Uranus moving into Pisces (or you know, whatever) meant that he was about to start a new career.

Oh dear.
    Oh my lord.

I don't mind a bit of casual looking at your horoscopes, but that's just ridiculous.
    People who can't appreciate the Zep.

Oh dear.

I wouldnt mind that.

my dads always going on about astrology. I think its quite fun
    I'm with people on the astrology front.

Also anyone who immediately laughs at Scouting.
    And while I'm at it with the astrology, believing in homeopathy is a big no-no for me. Any kind of anti-scientific, anti-rational belief system would make us pretty incompatible.

I guess this probably rules out religious people too.... Shit, my pool of potential partners is starting to get pretty small!

Do people do this? Nobs.

:heart:

I could probably deal with a vegetarian (a vegan might be a bit of a push!) as long as, like you say, they weren't pious with it. What gets me is the childish, crinkled nose response to food which indicates a childhood of not hearing 'no' enough. :D

I'd really struggle to continue seeing anyone who believed in any sort of woo-woo: astrology, homoeopathy, Scientology etc.
    And while I'm at it with the astrology, believing in homeopathy is a big no-no for me. Any kind of anti-scientific, anti-rational belief system would make us pretty incompatible.

I guess this probably rules out religious people too.... Shit, my pool of potential partners is starting to get pretty small!
    It still includes me :flirt:.

:hyper:
    :hyper:
    :D:naughty:

:lol:

Franki, if real Panda's were as slutty as you, they wouldn't be quite so near extinction.

;):p:heart: Teasin' *hug*
    Teagan wrote: »
    Franki, if real Panda's were as slutty as you, they wouldn't be quite so near extinction.

;):p:heart: Teasin' *hug*
    Hahahaha :D.

:heart:

It's so true :o
    Having a name that begins with D.

:grump:

Maybe I'm just laid back (stop laughing at the back- yes, you) but I can't think of too much. The arguments with a Tory would be entertaining, at least for a while. I'd even date a Manchester United fan.

The only girls I wouldn't date are ones who seem to think that leggings are the same as trousers. NO THEY'RE NOT, PUT YOUR ARSE CHEEKS AWAY.
    So very very true. But then I'm not really interested in girls so that's not so much of a problem.

The name that begins with D thing is potentially redeemable, but my past experience with names that begin with D is not good, and I reckon 4 is a reasonable sample.

The only girls I wouldn't date are ones who seem to think that leggings are the same as trousers. NO THEY'RE NOT, PUT YOUR ARSE CHEEKS AWAY.

I concur. If I were interested in girls, this would be on my list. As would Ugg Boots :yuck:
    Crocs. Apart from in suitable applications, like the shower, or watersport rough ground type wear, or possibly campsites.
    couldn't date anyone who believes in astrology either.
    anyone who's never travelled anywhere and thinks their little corner of the world is the greatest.
    I could go along with not having travelled, as long as it didn't come with thinking their corner of the world is the greatest.
    People who can't laugh at themselves.
    Why would I ever have to laugh at myself? hmm?
    katralla wrote: »
    Why would I ever have to laugh at myself? hmm?

Because you're a Silly Billy?
    I am, aren't I?
    jamelia wrote:
    I concur. If I were interested in girls, this would be on my list. As would Ugg Boots

x a bazillion.

Anybody that ever calls me Francesca. Even in jest :grump:.