Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Middle East protests

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1358570/Middle-East-protests-Shocking-moment-troops-open-broad-daylight-numbers-killed-nears-100.html

Most of the text content is pointless, but the video shows troops opening fire on unarmed civilians who weren't really doing much of anything except being noisy. To say the actions of the soldiers was cowardly and disgusting is an understatement. It's one thing to charge protestors, but to shoot them in cold blood? These guys aren't soldiers in my eyes.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oppressive regimes. You expected something different?
    I never thought they'd be willing to gun people down despite knowing they're being filmed......or maybe I'm just completely naive.
    I'd say the latter. If they cared what people thought then they wouldn't do it at all.
    Just men in uniform following orders from their agreed superiors.

It happens the world over.
    Apparently, the majority of Bahrain's army are just hired thugs from all over the world. As such, they have no loyalty to the people of the country, like the Egyptians did. I believe the head is ex-SAS.
    Just men in uniform following orders from their agreed superiors.

It happens the world over.

Another (alleged) example :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/20/AR2011022000276.html

I presume they were wise enough to have control over any filming.
    Apparently, the majority of Bahrain's army are just hired thugs from all over the world. As such, they have no loyalty to the people of the country, like the Egyptians did. I believe the head is ex-SAS.

Tbh if he was ex-SAS he might have been sent nuts by the crazy amount of shit we may or may not have made him do.
    You may also have a different view if you're the one confronted by a mob.

Because as we saw with the South African reporter being attacked and sexually assaulted and some of the stuff coming out of Libya about lynchings and supporters of Gaddaffi being hung and beaten to death, on the ground these things aren't as simple as goodies and baddies.
    Libya has officially gone to rat shit.
    No shit.

Good to see the FCO living up to their reputation too
    Shame I'm busy elsewhere then isnt it.
    Before we get to excited about the overthrow of the good Colonel in Benghazi, lets take a little time to think this one through.

International experts will argue that he hasn't really ever controlled that region of Libya and certainly not in the past few years. Libya is still, very much, a tribally controlled country.

It's worth noting that Banghazi is the region where this happened.

So, frying pan and fire spring to mind.
    Also worth noting that the UN is standing up to be counted in it's usual manner. With words, not deeds.

Once again they show how useless they are when people are dying.
    I'll sort it out!