Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what can i do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi everyone,i need some advice...i fell head over heels a few months ago with a girl i knew 20 years ago,and caught up with again on facebook.last june..we had a great loving relationship..for a few months...not one dissagreement..and she broke it off suddenly..a few weeks ago..her excuse was she.hadn't been out with anyone for 10 years after an abusive relationship.she just commited herself to bring her 2 boys up...now she tells me all she can offer me is a fuck buddy relationship..as she is so set in her ways being single with just the boys for so long..this really hurts me,as i love her so much..im hanging on just incase it will change in the future..what do you think i should do..thankyou for any advice you can give me

Comments

• Options
    Can you actually deal with just being a 'fuck buddy'?

If you are one, can you make sure you keep your romantic notions to yourself when you are with her, so as not to panic her? If she feels that you are getting too serious, she may call the 'fuck buddy' arrangement off completely.

Having you as a 'fuck buddy' does not close the door on her having other 'fuck buddies' or, for that matter, deciding that one of them is actually worth having a relationship with over having one with you. Could you deal with the rejection?

It may be that you need to forget about being a 'fuck buddy' and move on to find someone for whom your emotions are reciprocated.
  • Options
    What you (and me, if I was in your shoes) probably will do: Get into a fuckbuddy relationship with her.
    What you (and me, if I was in your shoes) should not do: Get into a fuckbuddy relationship with her.

You won't be able to deal with it, and it will tear you apart. Sorry dude. I know how shitty it is to see the perfect lure and go with it willfully.
  • Options
    U will end up hurt u cannot be just F***K buddys when u really like someone, just let her go, she then might realise what she could be losing , if she does'nt then she is not worth it x
  • Options
    long term long distance

im currently training to be a marine engineer in the navy in training i only get to see my girl friend once a week but soon il be on ship for 4 months with minimul contact to friends and family back home