Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Work Uniform?

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Char_Baby wrote:
    I can wear whatever I want :yes:

Good innit.

I'm not supposed to wear jeans & trainers when I'm seeing customers but I have done pretty much every day for the last 8 years and no-one has said anything. I look like a reet slob at work :thumb:
    I have the most drop dead gorgeous uniform you have ever seen (or maybe, just maybe not).

When I'm lifeguarding during normal hours we have to wear our 'red and yellows' (imaginative name). Yellow polo shirt with red collar and buttons and sleeves, but the sleeves aren't polo shirt material, more like the same fabric as the shorts; with red shorts with yellow triangle bits on the sides.

The shirt does nothing for any of the girls, unisex polo shirts so they end up being really baggy over most of you and far too long (which also makes them hard to swim in). The shorts are unlined blokes swimming shorts things but they're really short and have really wide legs so if you're not careful people can see up them when you sit on the high chairs.

Most of the girls (there aren't that many of us) have 'adjusted' our tops to make them a little more reasonable and if you're on earlies or lates then you usually get away with swapping the shorts for plain tracksuit bottoms.

Oh and a gorgeous magnetic name badge at all times, such a shame they seem to come off in the water and the reorder time is about 5 weeks.....
    I don't have a uniform. I go to work naked.
    ^^

That just strikes me as some kind of strange fetish..

But while we're on the subject, any offers for a Lifeguarding uniform? Shorts and T Shirt with only a few slight blood stains, genuine chlorine fading....
    Could also be an easy way of stealing.
    We are allowed to keep our uniforms that get written off because of blood stains, but other that can't apply to many jobs, so I guess yoru right. :chin:
    im a youth worker so i get to wear pretty much anything, they did provide us with polo shirts with the youth logo on it but no 1 really wears it. we can get away with smart jeans an a top in the office meetings but have to wear suits to the big meetings, dont mind that as i like my suit!
    We have to wear white shirt with black tie with the logo on it (the tie) and trousers and black shoes. And obviously a name badge.

When I'm a teacher I guess it'll be shirt, tie trousers and shoes so roughly the same.
    FireFly85 wrote:
    Worst uniform I ever had to wear was at Buckingham Palace - ankle length navy blue skirt, white shirt, wasitcoat and blazer - and this was in July - September.
    Must have been worth it to work at teh palace, though?

I was actually disappointed when I started with Clyde marine that the uniform didn't include a cap and jacket. Just a shirt, wooly pully, tie and trousers, all courtesy of SM Bass. Perhaps I should have applied to Cunard line or the RFA instead?

Most ships I have worked on only required uniform to be worn in the officer's mess, and on the Star Ohio, that was only when in port. Obviously, boiler suits were mandatory when at work.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I'm a self emplyed Data Engineer at the moment, and generally don't have to wear a uniform as such, but I do need saftey gear. Pair of Snickers with pads, steelys, gloves, glasses, sometimes a lid (hard hat) usually covers me. If I'm working for Southern Electric I have to wear one of their tops though.

At the moment there no work on so I've been working for my mate as a carpet fitter. All I need then is my Snickers, New Forest Flooring polo shirt and sometimes high vis jacket when I'm on a building site.

I love my snickers and what they do for my knees.

Imag_05_1979_35.jpg
    Weekender Offender 
    I jsut have to look smart-ish, but realistically I wear what I like. The only thing I have to wear is a rather large black square of plastic with a big "W" on it. Sexy.

There are rumours that Waterstone's will be introducing full uniform soon though.
    Uniform consists of a black round neck with " Staff " written on front and " I Work Here " written on back with the company logo through those words, light blue/blue jeans and any pair of trainers we sell.

Which makes a nice change from the other uniform i previously stated i had to wear that consists of: Red/Navy Umbro polo shirt, website written across the back, Navy tracksuit bottoms and trainers
    i have wear black trousers black shoes and a lime green polo shirt with a picture of the big red book on my back the top like 5 sizes to big. yes i am a xmas temp at woolies
    im a silver service waitress, we have to wear a white shirt with the company name on it, a black bow tie, black trousers (mine r too big and i keep havin to go out of dining room to pull em up! and black flat shoes...its not too bad, but the job thats awful!!
    I loved my last job, we could wear anything, as long as it wasn't obscene or vulgar. Even though I was the receptionist, I'd be at work in my jeans, sneakers and a sweatshirt I pulled off the floor.

Now I have to do "business casual" but on fridays we can wear jeans... how exciting :yeees:
    I am a roadsweeper and we have a uniform. We used to have ORANGE trousers but sometimes we got away without weaing them. Later it changed to green top and trousers and after that blue and compulsory to wear.:no:
    I hate having to wear a uniform and had being made to by a boss who is barely out of college and who doesn't have to. In fact he often wears jeans.:banghead:

I used to work for a firm sweeping car parks, emptying bins and cleaning gent toilets at a shopping park. They were really strict about uniform. It was a mid blue bomber jacket and matching trousers, a light blue shirt and a clip on tie. I alway felt that I looked like a toilet attendant when I was wearing it. We had to wear it properly at all times.We got disciplined if we didnt and got pay docked or worked extra unpaid hours on horrible tasks. :mad: It was like being at school.
    We also had to have a sensible short haircut and no earings.:(

I have to be honest and say that I am really envious of people who have a job where they wear what they like, enjoy their job and probably make a lot more money than me.
    Aloah wrote: »
    (Rant)
    Then why dont you get a new job?
    I get to wear a manky brown short sleeved polo-neck t-shirt with orange collar and cuffs with the company name on and 'watch, play, escape' written on the back. Bork. I also have to wear a name badge, along with black trousers and black shoes.
    icey wrote: »
    Then why dont you get a new job?
    The job I've got now isn't as bad as you might think. I'll never be rich but the moneys not too bad. It just sometimes gets to you a bit.
    Also my CV doesn't look too clever.:crazyeyes
    Dead thread. Can please stop bring it back up please? :grump:
    tesco suit

I wear a Tesco uniform. it is the navy blue trousers blue shirt and a dark blue blazer finished perfectly with a red tesco tie. i am proud to wear my uniform and fly the flag and support my store and the superiors i work for. I work 6 days a week 7 when possible it is always important to look your best when serving customers. il iron my uniform and shine my shoes every morning before work. i love wearing my suit it is practicly the only thing i wear.
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

NB This thread is four years old, worth checking the date of the last post before adding something yourself.

Unless you are planning on spamming us and this is just an attempt to build up your post count first. In which case we've seen it before so don't waste our time.
    haha i liked their post :D
  • LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    NB This thread is four years old.

:yes: it is pretty old, so I am going to close it now, but please feel free to start a new discussion if its something you want to continue chatting about.
This discussion has been closed.