Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm scared I may get the wrong end of the stick...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so I recently moved towns, and whilst trying to make new friends I have (unsurprisingly) come across some guys! I get along better with guys it seems, but this is where problems start. I always assume guys will only want to be my friend and not want more, I am crap at picking up on signals.

There is this one guy I think is really cute and would love to get to know him better, he's really friendly and we are going for lunch at some stage. How do I know if he wants us to be just friends or if he is wanting more? It's a skill I've not learnt!

I really don't want to get the wrong end of the stick!

Comments

• Options
    If he has singled you out to invite for a lunch that could well be a sign he likes you.
  • Options
    Hmmm, although we work quite close to each other but in different companies so it could just be a "meet up for lunch" thing for a change of scenery and company?
  • Options
    Most guys I know don't think like that. Most of the guys don't care about scenery. Still its fine to just treat it like friends hanging out until you feel more sure of the situation.
  • Options
    It's really hard to tell without knowing a bit more about him.

My situation is different because I'm married and therefore very definitely Off The Market, but I get on better with women than men and do meet women for lunch or for a drink or whatever. I have no intention of being anything other than a friend.

If he's single it's more likely that he's wanting more, but you won't know until you meet him. See what happens, see what signals he gives off. If he's really touchy and feely with you, if he keeps looking at you when you go off, then he probably likes you.