Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i'm fed up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
of one night stands and just being fuck buddies, i;m after a relationship, but don't know where to start

Comments

• Options
    I can say from experience that you need to find someone that you like and take it from there, and if they like you as well then you'll have a relationship, for me I find that hooking up with people never works for a relationship...

Go out and try and meet new people
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    I can say from experience that you need to find someone that you like and take it from there, and if they like you as well then you'll have a relationship, for me I find that hooking up with people never works for a relationship...

Go out and try and meet new people

:yes:

Dont look for existing sex partners or fuck buddies, or even start off that way and hope they'll turn into a meaningful relationship cos chances are they wont. Start a fresh and meet new people with common interests
  • Options
    i once did though getting to emotional attached to a sex partner and it went tits up
  • Options
    jungo87 wrote: »
    i once did though getting to emotional attached to a sex partner and it went tits up

That can happen with fuck buddies. Find someone like you who wants a relationship and not just sex. Even if it means being alone til you find them, at least thats better for you than being used and getting attached to the wrong person
  • Options
    but its heard for me to form r/ships, most of my sex was when i was drunk or drugged up, so i don't what it feels like to walk down the street holding hands with the women of your dreams
  • Options
    Dont put too much pressure on yourself to find the one. Just enjoy yourself and live life - go out with friends, find a new hobby do things you like doing. If you're enjoying yourself in life then relationships will come naturally after that. Constantly stressing that you cant find anyone isnt going to help
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Dont put too much pressure on yourself to find the one. Just enjoy yourself and live life - go out with friends, find a new hobby do things you like doing. If you're enjoying yourself in life then relationships will come naturally after that. Constantly stressing that you cant find anyone isnt going to help

Thats the thing i'm going through a hard time at the moment using variuos drugs. i know women like me as far a as a r/ship would go, but i'm to shy to approach women when not intoxicated
  • Options
    jungo87 wrote: »
    of one night stands and just being fuck buddies, i;m after a relationship, but don't know where to start

If you're male and have no problem getting women for sex, you should have no problem getting women for a relationship. Think of all the women complaining about how they want a committed relationship and how all guys are supposedly just after sex. I think you're going wrong by appearing needy, starting off as fuck buddies is an excellent way to get what you want but not if you're acting too clingy. Be aloof, appear disinterested in anything beyond sex and you will see what I mean.

Key point to remember - needy men are not attractive to women.