Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you name your technology?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I didn't what to put this on the tech board and annoy all the wire heads, but. Do you name your technology? Laptops, PCs etc? I KNOW at least on of you here does (you will be outed if you don't fess up), and a few IRL - I recently discovered my brother and I had both been doing it for years totally unawares of each other.

My laptop's name is Brian, he's a tired old queen. 'He' because when he wasn't working once I hoovered his grooves and it got his fan working for the first time in months, and I decided anything that responds that well to a good suck is definately a boy. He also is quite temperamental and decides to dim the backlight whenever he fancies. But then again he's 8 - that must be 80 in laptop years :D

Comments

• Options
    Hmm my mobiles called moblee and my car's called Harry but i dont have a name for the laptop
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I only name the sentient pieces of technology.
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    My laptop's name is Brian, he's a tired old queen. 'He' because when he wasn't working once I hoovered his grooves and it got his fan working for the first time in months, and I decided anything that responds that well to a good suck is definately a boy. He also is quite temperamental and decides to dim the backlight whenever he fancies. But then again he's 8 - that must be 80 in laptop years :D

:lol:

Why a 'queen'? Does he respond better to the male touch? :p
  • Options
    My PC has recently been named Priscilla because she's grouchy and temperamental!
  • Options
    Without a doubt, although mostly its just a "she" "her" and "my baby"
  • Options
    Erm, no.
  • Options
    My wireless router is called a fucking bastard piece of shit. Does that count?
  • Options
    Nope, although I always re-name my external HDD's something absurd but never talk about them using those names.
  • Options
    My phone is more commonly known as my brain. Does that count?
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    :lol:

Why a 'queen'? Does he respond better to the male touch? :p

lol it's because he'd so obsessed with the backlight dimmer, I decided in my infinite wisdom that only women and gay men are that concerned with ambience :D
  • Options
    My laptop is called Cassandra :yeees:
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    lol it's because he'd so obsessed with the backlight dimmer, I decided in my infinite wisdom that only women and gay men are that concerned with ambience :D

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    My wireless router is called a fucking bastard piece of shit. Does that count?

:chin: are you with talk-talk by any chance,
    lying shiting wanker bollocking fucking bastards that they are