Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Interviews for The Observer newspaper

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Hi Everyone, :wave:

The Observer (The Guardian Sunday paper) New Review Section are looking to interview people who are unemployed and between 16-25 for a piece about government funding cuts. This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to get their voice heard on cuts, unemployment, and what young people who are experiencing them feel.

For an idea of the tone and feel of the kinds of articles The Observer have, check out this piece from early January called ‘No country for young people: is this generation under strain?<http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/jan/09/young-people-generation-under-strain&gt;’ where they speak to some young people about the issues that are affecting them.

The Observer would like to speak to someone on or before the 23rd of February, so if you would like to participate or even just find out more – please get in touch with the YouthNet media team via Claire Diamond (Claire.diamond@youthnet.org).

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Helen,

Do you know if I can still count given that I'm not in my job for any other reason than because my mum wangled me in? I didn't get any of the jobs I applied for etc.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Franki

I'd say possibly, so maybe drop Claire a line on the email she's supplied to chat with her about it, she's a very nice lady. :d