Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What no forests sell-off thread?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/oct/29/forest-sell-off-government

Anyone here cares to attempt to defend the government's fucking disgraceful plans to sell off our forests to the highest bidder?

Same old fucking Tories. They really ARE loving this recession aren't they? It's a god-sent gift to them. One by one, all the national are assets being dismantled, destroyed, stripped down to pitiful levels or sold off to the fucking private sector, and being blamed on the economic situation.

Petition for those who disagree with the plans:

http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/s/save-our-forests#petition
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Of course they're asset-stripping the country, that's what happens when you get the Tories in. The real issue is not the sale of the forests, but what it actually means. What will happen is that much of the Forestry Commission's work will be undone, yet we'll still be paying the same amount to private companies because of the number of grants available to private forestry companies.

Any proceeds will go straight back to the purchasers in grants, but they'll be able to cream off the profits.

Remember, folks, we're all in this together. Or, more accurately, we're in this together unless you're a thieving little cunt living in Monaco (Hi Philip! Die soon!) in which case we're not.

Can we have Peter Mandelson back? He was a paragon of virtue compared to these cunts. I'm really sorry that I wanted rid of him. Guess I should be more careful of what I wish for.
    Milton Friedman has much to answer for.
    I joined the Labour Party for a penny last week, the Conservative government is back to pilaging the country for the same Thatcherite ideals as last time around :(
    No Egypt thread either...
    Why did you join the Labour Party if you're against Thatcherite private sector troughing?

They're the fuckers who brought in PFI. Go read about it. Private Eye's a good place to start.