Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Have you ever cursed out anyone at work?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I had and at one place I worked at, regularly. It's to stand up for yourself so you could come out ahead and not get sabotaged. u?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You mean cursing at people helps put you one ahead of them?
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    You mean cursing at people helps put you one ahead of them?

yes or for an anger outlet, sometimes both. I'm writing my friend's paper on this subject bc she's too lazy to do it herself. (And it makes me a bit richer in $$$)
    Personally i would say no, it makes you look worse if anything since you cant control your emotions and are easily aggravated
    I haven't, maybe that's because I show people respect.
    If you go on youtube and search McD's workers fight, you'd see great vids :)
    Or maybe I will see a load of losers who will never amount to anything...
    If you're researching for someone's paper then you're meant to ask permission first. It is only polite, after all.

We use industrial language in our office, but I would never use it towards anyone. It's unprofessional and it makes you look like a spanner. However when a previous employer tried to do it to me I did give as good as I got.
    MoK wrote: »
    Or maybe I will see a load of losers who will never amount to anything...
    Actually the videos are of people attacking McDonald's workers, not McDonald's workers fighting each crew or other people.
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    Actually the videos are of people attacking McDonald's workers, not McDonald's workers fighting each crew or other people.

This changes things, how?
    It doesn't, but people would assume it was employees, adding to a stereotype.
    If you're researching for someone's paper then you're meant to ask permission first. It is only polite, after all.

We use industrial language in our office, but I would never use it towards anyone. It's unprofessional and it makes you look like a spanner. However when a previous employer tried to do it to me I did give as good as I got.

Actually, she's paying me to write the paper FOR her so she could have time to party and things like that :)
    Maybe your mate needs to do it on her own.
    Maybe she likes the idea of being in front of University discipline on a plagiarism charge?
    People who resort to crap like this at work just show how unprofessional they really are. If you're not happy with a colleague then sort it out like adults. It's not a school yard.
    yes or for an anger outlet, sometimes both. I'm writing my friend's paper on this subject bc she's too lazy to do it herself. (And it makes me a bit richer in $$$)
    What's the paper for? If it's for university she could get thrown out (and so could you, if you're in the same institution).
    piccolo wrote: »
    What's the paper for? If it's for university she could get thrown out (and so could you, if you're in the same institution).

Paper is about workplace violence. She's a biz major, so...
    Actually, she's paying me to write the paper FOR her so she could have time to party and things like that :)

I sense a "Fail" on its way...
    Funny how this paper on workplace violence came up just as you asked advice about your relationships with people ;)
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Funny how this paper on workplace violence came up just as you asked advice about your relationships with people ;)

but i was never violent at work lol
    only once in response to a snidey little rat giving me cheek, and it shut him right the fuck up.

not something I've made a habit of in the workplace though, just not the place for it, rare exceptions aside.
    Spliffie wrote: »
    only once in response to a snidey little rat giving me cheek, and it shut him right the fuck up.

not something I've made a habit of in the workplace though, just not the place for it, rare exceptions aside.

Seems to me like I'm the only one who does it regularly, whether I want to or not.