Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just bought an iPad!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all

I just bought an iPad and thought I'd put it to good use by joining this site instead of just browsing it :hyper:

Anyone else out their loving their iPads? :heart:

Comments

• Options
    I have an iPad Mini. It has a couple of extra functions.
  • Options
    Ooooh never heard of one! :hyper: cool!
  • Options
    This is what it look like:

iphone-3g.jpg

Extra functions include it fitting in my pocket and being able to make phone calls.
  • Options
    Haha amusing. I've got one of those too. iPad still very much worth having
  • Options
    Is it really?

I have a laptop for use at home and because I have the iPhone I really don't see the point of an iPad. I have friends who have one and try to convince me but I just cannot see where it would fit into my life
  • Options
    love i pads saving for one now!
  • Options
    I dont have a laptop or a home computer so I got a iPad and it makes sense to me. Iphone is brilliant but most people use/need a computer to do things more easily like write emails, watch stuff etc.

If I'd of had a laptop or computer then I wouldn't have bought one. It was also an excuse to give my iphone to my boyfriend who desperately needed a decent phone. I got an android.
  • Options
    I got an android.

Good move.
  • Options
    I'd love an iPad but ... I just can't really justify spending the same sort of money when you can get an all singing and dancing laptop or tablet alternative.

If one was given to me or I had loads of spare cash, I might well spoil myself.
  • Options
    looks great
  • Options
    If I had £400 to waste and needed a computer, i'd buy a computer.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    If I had £400 to waste and needed a computer, i'd buy a computer.
    :yes:.

Boy, when I said I wanted a Kindle, said, 'why not save up a bit more and get an iPad?' I went :no:.
  • Options
    I've got an e-reader, and as gadgets go it's the one I use most. I've always got it near by and if I've got a spare 5 minutes i'll sit and read.

All an Ipad is really any good for is surfing the net except in a "sexier" way. A smartphone or netbook is far more versatile.
  • Options
    I've got an e-reader, and as gadgets go it's the one I use most. I've always got it near by and if I've got a spare 5 minutes i'll sit and read.

All an Ipad is really any good for is surfing the net except in a "sexier" way. A smartphone or netbook is far more versatile.
    Yup. I'm happy with my E72-berry for net surfing on the go, and I don't need all the apps that he'd want me to get because HE has most of them. Except Angry Birds, but I can deal with that :chin:.

I am kind of resisting the e-reader temptation, though, since I have about 60 books sitting unread on my shelf...
  • Options
    I got an iPad and thought it was the best thing on earth for 2 months now I'm bored of it. It's never a replacement for a laptop, it's a nice gadget but not a must have. Wish I brought a new laptop.
  • Options
    Yup. I'm happy with my E72-berry for net surfing on the go, and I don't need all the apps that he'd want me to get because HE has most of them. Except Angry Birds, but I can deal with that :chin:.

I am kind of resisting the e-reader temptation, though, since I have about 60 books sitting unread on my shelf...

But if those 60 books were sat in your pocket......

I'm fighting the ePaper urge too - the only thing that's saving me from a kindle is not being able to try one out.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    But if those 60 books were sat in your pocket......

I'm fighting the ePaper urge too - the only thing that's saving me from a kindle is not being able to try one out.
    I saw one on the tube not long ago. They look amazing :(.

DON'T TEMPT ME EVEN MORE!

Maybe I'll ask for one for my birthday :chin:.
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »

Don't fight it, you'll never regret owning one if you enjoy reading :thumb:

Btw, books for the Kindle can be a bit pricey, the sony's can read any type of text/epub/pdf file and I've heard bit-torrent is quite useful in that regard.
  • Options
    Btw, books for the Kindle can be a bit pricey, the sony's can read any type of text/epub/pdf file and I've heard bit-torrent is quite useful in that regard.

Do you have to buy books for the Kindle via Amazon? And/or does it limit the file types you can put on there?
  • Options
    Don't fight it, you'll never regret owning one if you enjoy reading :thumb:

Bittorrent is not friends with my USB internet connection :(

Also I'm told there are lots of books which are free. I like free. Free makes me happy...
  • Options
    Do you have to buy books for the Kindle via Amazon? And/or does it limit the file types you can put on there?

Books for the Kindle, if bought have to be from Amazon and it can't read any other file types. Sony e-reader books can be had from anywhere and come in all sorts of file type.
  • Options
    Books for the Kindle, if bought have to be from Amazon and it can't read any other file types. Sony e-reader books can be had from anywhere and come in all sorts of file type.

So buying a Kindle is essentially paying Amazon for the privilege of being forced to buy Amazon products? Sounds like a real treat! Someone in the Amazon marketing department must be kicking himself that people actually went for the idea!
  • Options
    I think you can surf the net (in black and white) on a Kindle, but seeing as this defeats the point of just wanting to read a book I didn't bother. :)
  • Options
    Big Gay if you wanna play with a Kindle go in to PC World or Currys, they have an exclusive deal with Amazon and have them in their shops. The units are locked in demo mode so you cannot actually play with them but then that's Amazon's fault not PCW/Currys. £111 for the WIFI version.