Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

help confused x

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i hate me have anyone by oopss told someone that u self harm by mistake and wonder if they will tell i hope not because i told one of my friends and they told me to tell my councillor i have been doin it for about a year and a bit 2 years dunno if i can stop its jusd the way i deal with stuff but are the teachers and councillors allowed to tell ur parents i thought not but people have been telling me they can without ther agreement can they help im confused :S xx ?? xx anyone x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, teachers can tell your parents if you self harm as you are considered "a risk to yourself and/or others". But it doesn't mean they will. Speak to one of your teachers, if they know, and make it clear to them you don't want your parents told. So long as you don't actually cut in school, they probably wont say anything to your parents unless you agree to it.

Also... please add punctuation to your posts! They are really difficult to read without. x
    Yeah, teachers can tell your parents if you self harm as you are considered "a risk to yourself and/or others". But it doesn't mean they will. Speak to one of your teachers, if they know, and make it clear to them you don't want your parents told. So long as you don't actually cut in school, they probably wont say anything to your parents unless you agree to it.

Also... please add punctuation to your posts! They are really difficult to read without. x

uh thanks i would never cut in school . dont know if i will tell anyone now :( i really dont know what to do everyone time i go to the councillor i feel the urge to spill im so confused. I feel like i should tell to get help but a part of me feels like i should hide it coz i,ll be different to everyone i know oh god :S xx

hahah thanks for the tip i will ive never been good at english soo hehehe :)x
    if you feel like you want to tell someone, tell them. It's the only way to move forward *hug* I know it seems scary you parents finding out, and yeah maybe they'll be abit cross.. but it's because they love you and probably feel unable to help. If you don't feel able to actually tell them, is it possible for you to write them a letter? That's how I did it. x
    if you feel like you want to tell someone, tell them. It's the only way to move forward *hug* I know it seems scary you parents finding out, and yeah maybe they'll be abit cross.. but it's because they love you and probably feel unable to help. If you don't feel able to actually tell them, is it possible for you to write them a letter? That's how I did it. x

i dont know yet im scared of wot they might fink of me .i am goin to see this lady in school coz i ran away plus a youth group. so i dont know yet howd did ur parents react ? xx :) *hug*
    My dad? He was okay, I don't live with him, but he's sort of a counselor so understood. He was still upset though obviously.

My mum was very angry with me... she thought I was attention seeking, blah blah blah. I then tried to kill myself, she found me, and realized that I really did have problems. I got help for a little bit, but didn't really like it. Now, if I have cuts or anything, she doesn't say anything. xx
    My dad? He was okay, I don't live with him, but he's sort of a counselor so understood. He was still upset though obviously.

My mum was very angry with me... she thought I was attention seeking, blah blah blah. I then tried to kill myself, she found me, and realized that I really did have problems. I got help for a little bit, but didn't really like it. Now, if I have cuts or anything, she doesn't say anything. xx

i dont really know now i might tell not sure if i hav the guts. i ran away thn my mum and dad knew i needed help and sort of how i feel im now seein a counselor and im goin to see another person coz i ran away. also i had a diary with all my feelings in it abouts smokin drinkin guys and how i wanted to get away and die so my mum seen it , so she took me to the doctors and i now hav to go to a youth group. i feel as if im in a deep dark place but slowly the light is shinin in if tht makes sense. i dont know if i should tell thm im scared how they willl react :S

so hows u are ya okay mrs :) xx
    If they know those things already, then I think you should tell them everything else. It will make it a lot easier for you to get the help you need, and you'll feel a lot better having told them :)
    and, I'm okay thanks :) x
    Hey forever in the dark :wave: I'm just going to move your post into the Health & Wellbeing forum *hug*
    If they know those things already, then I think you should tell them everything else. It will make it a lot easier for you to get the help you need, and you'll feel a lot better having told them :)
    and, I'm okay thanks :) x

hiiya errmm i fink i will but in the future i hav too many things goin on jusd now . my antie is commin over the end of march, april for 2 weeks for my grans sister 80th last time i saw her was last june for uncles before tht it was about 8 yrs so i dont want it to mess tht up plus birthdays nd tht. i dont fink im ready to yet aslong as i can hide the scars nd cuts so they dont see thm i,ll cope. i will hopefully but its jusd not the right time i dont fink plus me and my mum r gettin on really well for once i dont want to spoil it .

thanks for ur advice BA glad to hear ur okay xx:)

thanks jo7 xx