Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Little confused..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my bf have been friends for ages and only recently got together after in couragement from a best mate. and well cos i havent had the best past i find it hard to trust people. on saturday (the 29th) i told him my past well part of it and only the basics cos i felt like i could trust him with anything. and well he took it really badly. Hes annoyed cos i never told him when it was happening. it was unusual for us not to talk for an hour. but we havent spoke since the argument. I dunno what to do.. Does this mean we are over? if i text him i dont know what to say i just get lost. and anyone who knows me will know that it VERY rare for me to be speechless..

Comments

• Options
    It's hard to know what advice to give you without knowing what you told him to make him react so badly. Couldn't say if he was over reacting or not based on your first post. However I'm sure he just needed a bit of space to get his head around whatever you told him. Just txt him and ask him if he is ok and go from there.
  • Options
    Confusedfb wrote: »
    It's hard to know what advice to give you without knowing what you told him to make him react so badly. Couldn't say if he was over reacting or not based on your first post.

Well, it wasnt that bad it was to do with my ex and wht he put my through. He kept saying i cant believe you couldnt trust me etc..
  • Options
    I think he will get over it. He should understand that maybe you didn't want to discuss all your ex related problems with all your friends. Sometimes we have relationship problems that we don't feel we can share with people at the time. He should understand that. Have you txt him today? xxx
  • Options
    No i havent text him, i just dont know what to say. i just get lost for words and not in a good way..
  • Options
    I think you should txt and simply say "Are you ok?" that way he can tell u if he is still upset and it is an easy way of opening up lines of communication again. Longer you guys go without speaking harder it will be to get over this blip xx
  • Options
    Hey there Looking4Help :wave:

Confusedfb's may be right. The longer you leave things the harder it might seem so how about we help you to think up that text to get the ball rolling?

The thing to remember is that he wouldn't be so upset about this if he didn't care about you. At the moment he's feeling upset that you didn't confide in him before and thinking it's because you don't trust him. As Confusedfb says, when you're in the midst of something it's not always easy to be honest to other people about how bad it might be and in fact sometimes we just want to deal with things on our own. Maybe he just needs a bit of reassurance that you will come to him in the future if you need to.

How about something like this?
    ' Hey, I understand why you're upset with me and I'm sorry if you feel hurt. I do trust you and at the time I just didn't know how to tell anyone. Are you ok?'

It sounds like you two are very close so I'm sure you'll be able to work things out. Being open and honest isn't always easy but now that you have opened up to him about this hopefully he will come to realise just how much you do trust him. Let us know how things are going *hug*
  • Options
    Whilst reading this i text him saying 'hey are you okay? hope to talk soon. Im sorry.. love you xx'
    Hope that was okay. he hasnt replied yet.
    Yes, Jo7, we are really close. we are crazy about eachother, well i am not sure about him tho. i really cant lose him at all. xx
  • Options
    Sounds like a good txt hun, did he reply?

How you doing? You ok? xx
  • Options
    Confusedfb wrote: »
    Sounds like a good txt hun, did he reply?

How you doing? You ok? xx

Yeah, he got my mate to print off a letter, he sent it to her in an email. he said he was sorry. but i havent had a chance to talk to him as its been a hetic day.. thanks for all your help xx
  • Options
    I'm glad you have heard from him :)
    Hope you guys sort things out x