Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

London Buses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Or maybe not entirely London buses...

I don't like going places by bus... Some drivers are OK, but many of them drive like dicks.

I don't like standing on a bus whilst it's moving, to get to the door, but sometimes I have to, as they don't always wait for you to get off before they close the doors and drive away... I waited for the bus to get to the lights and it stopped, but then accelerated again quickly and now I have done something to my hip because it threw me forward... :grump:

Surely they have a duty not to drive too harshly, as there were people standing on the bus. I mean what if somebody who has crutches is trying to use it.

Sorry... Just having a moan.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Birmingham bus drivers are not much better, sometimes it's like it's in their contract that if there are standing passengers on the bus they have to throw them around as much as possible. I have been on two buses that have drove so badly they have had to call an ambulance after old people have cracked their heads open.
    *patiently waits for Kermit/Arctic Roll rant*

This should be good. NSFW though...
    I hate buses as well but only cos it takes twice as long to get anywhere than driving
    Most bus drivers are cunts, wherever you go in the UK it's one consistent factor but I hate buses in Glasgow especially because of the guaranteed stench of stale pish.

I remember seeing a used tampon lying on the floor of a bus going through the Southside a few years ago...totally filthy way of travelling.
    Spliffie wrote: »

I remember seeing a used tampon lying on the floor of a bus going through the Southside a few years ago...totally filthy way of travelling.

:sour: :yuck:
    MoK wrote: »
    *patiently waits for Kermit/Arctic Roll rant*

This should be good. NSFW though...

Stagecoach seem to have pulled their finger out around here, for whatever reason. The buses have always been clean and well looked after but now the drivers seem to accelerate and brake far more gently. I think they're on a bonus scheme, as are the drivers at the other main bus company in Newcastle- the more fuel they save, the bigger their bonus is at the end of the year. They get a proportion of the fuel savings they make.

I generally use the bus and train to get to work now because it's much better than dealing with all the cunts in white vans who carve me up on the A1 because I drive a small car.

I you have injured yourself using a London bus, you need to either contact the operator in question or contact TfL if you don't do which operator it was. Have a good whinge at the operator instead of us and you might see something done about it. Last time I complained to Stagecoach about poor timekeeping they sent me a week's free bus pass.
    The worst thing about buses are the other passengers. I would be willing to pay for a license that let me take a snooker ball in a sock to people on public transport. Including kids. But only if they're old enough to know better. And old folk, particularly the bingo crowds who descend on bus stops like blue rinse locusts and try to push me out of the way. I'm 6'3 and built like a brick shit house! You will not overpower me tiny frail woman! Unless you have a can of spinach in your ridiculously giant auld woman handbag, this will not happen.
    Stagecoach seem to have pulled their finger out around here, for whatever reason. etc

I feel strangely let down :(
    The worst thing about buses are the other passengers. I would be willing to pay for a license that let me take a snooker ball in a sock to people on public transport. Including kids. But only if they're old enough to know better. And old folk, particularly the bingo crowds who descend on bus stops like blue rinse locusts and try to push me out of the way. I'm 6'3 and built like a brick shit house! You will not overpower me tiny frail woman! Unless you have a can of spinach in your ridiculously giant auld woman handbag, this will not happen.

:lol:
    MoK wrote: »
    I feel strangely let down :(

I knew I'd regret saying it, and so it came to pass.

30 minutes standing in the freezing cold for a bus this morning. 30 minutes I could have spent in bed instead :impissed:
    Our busses are ok if and when I use them. The driver's don't always like to stop to let you on, and they refuse to let you off the bus when they're stopped, even if you're stuck in traffic.
    OMFG! we have a bus through the village! going to Reading! but it's only during the day so a bit useless for a night out :/
    Only place I ever use a bus is going from my dads, into Nottingham city centre.... They are okay, did up the buses there a few years back, so at least they aren't too skanky.
    The trams there are good too. Buses down here are just mank, and full of old people.
    Trains ftw :thumb:
    I blame all those councils in the 1950s that ripped up the tram systems. Trams run on rails, so you're guaranteed a smooth ride.
    Fortunately they are making a comeback in places like Nottingham, Croydon and (hopefully if they can sort out the clusterfuck soon) Edinburgh.
    I'm not feeling public transport at all, any form, blurgh.
    Trams run on rails, so you're guaranteed a smooth ride.

:lol:

I assume you've never been on Manchester Metrolink then!