Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Healthy Eating..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im always being told i dont eat enough,
but i eat when i am hungry, and dont think ive any problems.

But i ate tons today for lunch, probably not that good for me tbh,
but i kinda linked this to my breakfast as i had a bowl of coco pops today, whereas i normally have a bowl of granola or fruit and fibre, and then wont eat a very big lunch.

Which is better for me ?!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Im always being told i dont eat enough,
    but i eat when i am hungry, and dont think ive any problems.

But i ate tons today for lunch, probably not that good for me tbh,
    but i kinda linked this to my breakfast as i had a bowl of coco pops today, whereas i normally have a bowl of granola or fruit and fibre, and then wont eat a very big lunch.

Which is better for me ?!

do you mean is it better to eat a more nutritious breakfast and a smaller lunch?
    a good way of assessing this is to keep a food diary, write down every single thing you eat over a period of two weeks and then you can see how you are doing nutrition wise, what you could add in and where to make it more nutritionally balanced. Things to look at are : times you are eating, fibre, nutrients - vitamins, protein, calcium etc, portions of fruit and veg?

Eg if you have fruit and fibre for breakfast and then a small lunch, what does the lunch consist of? Coco pops are ok for a treat but they dont have much nutritional value, plus they are a sugary food so will get burnt off by your body quickly and leave you feeling more hungry and quicker, so ur granola or fruit and fibre are better for you in that respect. you should be aiming for three meals a day with fruit or veg as snacks at least twice a day, or some people prefer 5small meals a day to keep blood sugar levels consistant.

in simple terms, it is better to look at quality of the food you are eating rather than quantity to a certain extent.
    omg hi wrote: »
    do you mean is it better to eat a more nutritious breakfast and a smaller lunch?

Kind of. but i rarely have a full meal at night aswell.
    but if i do opt for less helathy breakfast ill pig out during the day :S
    I'm not too sure what you're asking.

As with any meal you eat, it's best to focus on fruit and vegetables and protein and try and minimise sugar and fat. For breakfast, you're best off having something fairly substantial with low GI. Many people think that eating a larger lunch and a smaller dinner is better for digestion, with both meals again following the same principle.

Eating the odd treat won't make any difference to how healthy you are. It also depends what you mean by 'healthy'- if you're meaning 'lose weight' then it doesn't matter what you eat, if you get the portion sizing wrong it will mean that you remain constant or gain weight.
    Alan21 wrote: »
    Low fat protein such as peanut butter

Peanut butter is typically 50% fat, that is not low fat :)
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Peanut butter is typically 50% fat, that is not low fat :)

:yes: PB way overrated as a health food. Its high fat, high calorie, and barely medium protein.

comes out OK if youre comparing it to something like chocolate spread or lard, but a health food, it aint
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you're pretty healthy, I wouldn't start keeping food diaries and worrying about what you eat, just carry on as you are.
    If you like to eat much, try to eat often but not much food at once.
    impossible to comment really without knowing what you actually eat in a typical day or knowing nothing about your height, weight or frame.

Some people have smaller appetites than others, and some people have different eating patterns, and it all balances itself out in the end.
    If youre not underweight, then im sure its fine
    Healthy eating is very important and good for health and i prefer to eat balance food because the main thing is to take balance and healthy diet to live fit life.
    I met my physician friend. He has been practicing for several years. He told me
    that there is not issue with eating. You should eat and drink whatever you want.
    Just according to your mood and feel yourself fit and smart all the time.