Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Brighton here i come baby!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
SO Brighton,

Where would you recommend- pubs, clubs, bars, you name it. need opinions :) sick of going to wetherspoons (even though it's cheap)

thank you!

BB x
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What sort of scene are you looking for? Commercial/Alternative/LGBT? Its a big city for entertainment and if you say what your into I could narrow it down a bit more.
    :yes:
    What sort of scene are you looking for? Commercial/Alternative/LGBT? Its a big city for entertainment and if you say what your into I could narrow it down a bit more.
    :yes:
    As other people say it largely depends on what kind of music and scene you're after.

If you're after Weatherspoon-type experience then stick to West Street - the main road down from the station.

Something Alternative i think :)
    then I'd say stick to the seafront. Audio is around there, that's good- it's just past the sealife centre.
    One thing I would say about going out in Brighton is definately take ID. The ask everyone for it, even if you like 30 or over.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    One thing I would say about going out in Brighton is definately take ID. The ask everyone for it, even if you like 30 or over.

:yes: and really keep an eye on your drink, lots of drugs in brighton
    concorde 2!
    concorde 2!

not very alternative-y though, if memory serves, it's more dubstep? and its ages away from everything
    Evenstar wrote: »
    not very alternative-y though, if memory serves, it's more dubstep? and its ages away from everything

legit live shows though!
    Define Alternative though?
    Audio does sound up your street if it's Indie you want, but they also have commercial nights and good D&B/Dubstep nights.
    Digital is good for music. The Honey Club is a favourite of mine albeit pretty commercial most of the time, they still hold some sick nights there with good music.
    Life seems to be the new club everyone is raving about, but I don't like it. It used to be called the Arc, or was it the Beach? One of the two, either way it was shit before and I think it's still shit now. But I seem to be in the minority, my mates love it.
    Oceana is your standard huge, commercial club.The same as all the other Oceana's in Britain really. Music is always shite, but just like any Oceana, its so big that you always end up having a wicked night there if you're with the right people.
    Concorde 2 is a bit of a trek, but they hold a Drum & Bass night there once a month called Devotion which always goes off!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Digital.
    Weekender Offender