Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Smelling a smell that isn't there!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone ever had this? I keep smelling a really strong smell like like links body wash for a few mins and then it passes. It's definitely not there to be smelt as it vanishes after a few mins and I smell it everywhere in the car, work, home, walking to work. I done a quick google and it helpfully came up with epilepsy, brain tumour or skitzophenia (none of which I have) and said that you should visit the Dr but I would feel stupid going to my Dr coz I'm smelling something.

Has anyone had this and what was the cause, it's driving me
Insane!

Thanks

AFA

Comments

• Options
    Oh my god, I know that.

I call it phantom smell. When I was working fulltime in lab in uni, I smelled different chemicals for a splitsecond in the subway on my way home.

And sometimes I think I smell a certain friend of mine, and I look around to see if I can find her. (She doesn't smell bad lol, just distinctive. :p I am just pretty big into smells.)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    May be synesthesia.

I get it sometimes after eating mushrooms. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I think you can get this from sinus infections - probably worth going to the doctors and discussing it. If you've got any other symptoms at all or been feeling under the weather get it checked out :) at least its a nice smell :D
  • Options
    I had something similar years ago when I was having stress headaches. Have you been having headaches too?
  • Options
    I have been having headaches but they have been constant since crimbo eve after a car crash, it is happening less today so will see what it is like over the weekend and try to go to Drs next week. Thanks for replying guys thought I was going mad lol xx